StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing the rear tire on the Vstrom at about 7000 miles due to a nail puncture. While looking at the tire, noticed that they are wearing in a really odd pattern. They are all cupped and have bumps on them, much like a car that has a bag alingment in the front end. Is this a normal thing, or is it just something that the Trailwings do? Have also been noticing a howl going around corners that I believe is caused by the cupping of the tires. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My TW's did the same thing. They were marginal tires until they hit 5k miles, then they were just plain scary. I replaced them with Metzler Tourances and couldn't be happier. 14k on the front so far with very minor cupping and a little over 3k on the second rear. Phenominal tires, excelelnt grip, predictable handling and great wear.

The fronts tend to cup a bit on thse bikes, keep them inflated properly and it will help diminish, but not eliminate the cupping.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just replaced the Trailwing rear at 14000 km on my bike, about 9000 miles. Had zero cupping. The front has no cupping either.

Bob

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cupping

Was told by the head tech at the dealer to use 35 psi front and 36 -38 psi rear to avoid cupping.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts