StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many of the post' regarding this issue but nothing I have tried seems to be working . I have a 5' X 8' utility trailer with 5/8" marine plywood on the deck. I do have 3/8" eye bolts at the four corners but tying to the bars rubs the fairing, tying to the lower triple tree rubs/bends the plastic, tying to the grips?, canyon dancer sucked ruining grips and almost switchs. Do not have crash guards, so maybe to engine mounts (kind of low) on bike/ Help :roll:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Why not go from the handlebars, down through the fairing and tie it down that way?

I use this method when strapping my Strom down on my motorcycle lift and it works quite well. No bending of anything and the bike does not move.

Just a thought. Just like this:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See now thats a new idea, but my rings are about 5' apart. I will see if I can add more rings.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Blasphemy!! Trailering a Strom!!!! Just kidding, I may trailer mine to east Tennessee to see my folks, hard to haul 3 people on it.. I like FL_Strom's idea, I think I'll put some hookups on my trailer just that way!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
I tie mine down with the crash bars in front and Touratech mounts in rear, very solid and no way to scratch paint.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Bondage, NOW your talking... oops wrong forum...

Anyway, I have been wondering about the wheel chocks. I would rather do that than put eye bolts in my truck bed... wife would KILL me for drill her new truck...

Anyone else use chocks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts