StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does any know how to secure the Vstrom on a trailer without damaging the faring

·
Registered
249 Posts
trailor

come up from under the fairing and around the bottom of the
triple tree, do a search, there is pictures to show you

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
How I Do It

You'll need 4 ratcheting straps that are long enough to go from whatever hold-down points you have on the trailer, then over the point on the bike you'll use, making a loop. Once you have the loop, ratchet the strap snug.

On my Vee, the rear footpeg carriers are a great tie-down point. The Wee's are slightly different; maybe someone else has a better rear tie-down point. Up front, the lower triple-tree is good, but be careful you don't over-compress the forks and blow out the seals. I prefer to grab the lower fork legs and not compress the forks at all, but that method is open to debate.

Obviously a front wheel chock is very handy, I have the one shown in the photo above, it's cheap and effective, and it holds the bike up while you tie down.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Anytime something is going to rub on paint I first put a layer of masking tape then cover that with duct tape. When done zip its off

·
Registered
875 Posts
The crash bars make a great mounting point for straps up front. If you have some.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I recently towed my wee, I stuck the front wheel in my baxley wheel chock and put 2 straps around the lower triples going down in each direction so it wouldn't touch the fairings and just had it lightly strapped in (lots of trust in the baxley :fineprint:)

I put one strap on the rear to hold it down so it doesn't bounce around since I already had the third strap unwound to hold the ramp on. Just put it around one of the rear passenger pegs. Simple, and no additional scratches :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Not the most detailed pics, but solid as a rock, Van BC to N. Cali and back.

Wheel chocks are from Harbor Freight:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This is how I trailered mine home after I bought her. I just went to the handlebars and put some towels between the straps and fairing. If I remember right I used either the passenger pegs on the back or the luggage rack to hold it from going side to side. This gave me no issues at all!

Of course we shouldn't even be trailering our bikes but riding them everywhere! and If it wasn't for it being a dark and rainy night, and the bike needing an oil change and having a dead battery then I wouldn't have trailered it. It was in the bikes best interest. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The crash bars make a great mounting point for straps up front. If you have some.

:thumbup: always been my first choice.... well both times anyway....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts