StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I've been offered some garage space at a friend's in Long Island, where I could actually get to and finish my old 1980 GS850G.

Right now, it sits in a storage shed in Marlboro, NJ, and I'm looking at options for getting it to Long Island this weekend.

Is anyone in the area that can help? I can get a trailer from Long Island from a friend, but I don't have anything to tow it with.

I can also rent a uhaul, but that's expensive for me, and I would need some help getting the bike loaded.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if you can help out.

Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Folks,

I've been offered some garage space at a friend's in Long Island, where I could actually get to and finish my old 1980 GS850G.

Right now, it sits in a storage shed in Marlboro, NJ, and I'm looking at options for getting it to Long Island this weekend.

Is anyone in the area that can help? I can get a trailer from Long Island from a friend, but I don't have anything to tow it with.

I can also rent a uhaul, but that's expensive for me, and I would need some help getting the bike loaded.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if you can help out.

Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks,
George
It might be cheaper to rent an Enterprise or UHaul pickup for the day than it would be for someone like me to drive the 90 miles to Marlboro and back home (at 13 MPG). Not to mention fuel and especially toll costs on and off Long island, avoiding parkways with an 8000# (loaded) truck. A 1/2 ton Uhaul van might be your most cost-effective bet due to the lower GVW.

Sorry I can't be of more help... maybe someone in North Jersey? Try posting on ADV. Bigger pool of prospects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts