StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
The Hip's music has meant a lot to me, it's tied up with a lot of good memories.

I was just listening to the "In Violet Light" album on the way to work this morning, and being reminded of that being a pretty new album which I had on an MP3 CD (back before mp3 players were common), on my first road and camping trip on my V-Strom in 2003. I remember laying in my tent in Baddeck, NS (Cape Breton) listening to "Silver Jet".

Thanks to Gord (and the other Gord, Rob, Johnny, and Paul) for all the great tunes and memories.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Soundtrack of our lives for sure. Just watched the "Long Time Running" Special with some close buddies last weekend. It was a quiet room throughout. Worth the watch to anyone who missed it. Hard to possibly respect them more, but I do!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Yep, I have been a fan since the 80's....good drivin music. Met my wife on '03 and she is from Manitoba so we instantly had something in common. Odd thing, the day after Petty died I am on my Tractor cutting hay for 7 hrs. I swear my 'in phone' phone playlist must have played a dozen Petty tunes. I have all his albums in there but it has never played that many is such a short time...........twilight zone stuff I tell ya.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts