StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one try to modify the Givi Tanklock Bike Specific Flange from the 650 to 1000? 650 flange fits but do to tank contour will not make a strong lock. I modified 3 rubber spacers to elevate the flange.
Plan on making spacers and picking up longer screws today.

Just had a easier fix I think. Take the plastic lock off the bag itself, 2mm spacer between bag and lock.

Before some one chimes in with "buy a new one" I do not think they are available yet and I just bought a new Bike(Bought not finance)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Any one try to modify the Givi Tanklock Bike Specific Flange from the 650 to 1000? 650 flange fits but do to tank contour will not make a strong lock. I modified 3 rubber spacers to elevate the flange.
Plan on making spacers and picking up longer screws today.
Is there a difference from 650 to 1000 as far as the tank ring itself? A tank ring for a 650 fits either? I'm looking at SW Motech and their '18 fitment is for 650 only.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lines up perfectly. If you are in a rush you might not notice a positive click. Will fly off at speed I think. Subtle tank contours push the bag up just enough to not fully engage the lock mechanism.
I think a 1 mm or so increase will be good to go. Now to see if I can find a slightly longer metric bolt in our shop. Will fabricate three spacers today.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just get the ring from kappa, it's the same and cheaper

Kappa fits Givi bags? I have givi bags, and I have the tank adapter. How is buying cheaper than using what I have?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kappa fits Givi bags? I have givi bags, and I have the tank adapter. How is buying cheaper than using what I have?
yup, it's basically the same company, father and daughter is operating each company

What I meant was that the Kappa is cheaper than the Givi one for the same thing. I understand the fun in trying make it work and satisfaction when it does.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The SW Motech are Bags Connection pieces, same as the oem Suzuki accessory bags. But on the 1000, if you use the Large Bag you need to use the Ring Mount Adapter Plate to elevate the bag off the tank. This plate comes with longer bag mounting screws as well. Adapter Plate Suzuki part Number: 990D0-04610. This plate is not necessary for the small bag.
I have both bags, and the large bag has this adapter plate sandwiched between the underside of the bag itself and the mount piece that latches onto the tank mount.
These pieces apply to all '14-'18 Vstrom1000 models.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! My fabrication attempts are over. Amazon has this for $16.96(U.S) Givi BF18 Tanklock Tanklocked Tank Bag Mounting Flange.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts