StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for a 2008 Yamaha FZ6!!! Threw in a little cash to sweeten the deal, but I'm extremely happy. It's the bike I almost got before I picked up the 'Strom and I don't know if I ever got it out of my head.

I purchased the Wee with the intention of doing a little lite Dual-Sporting but it never came to be. The height and weight of the bike were a factor as well. Loved riding it, it's a great bike to own if you can only have one, but now my plans are to hopefully at a DRZ or WR to my stable.

Took the Wee 500 miles to make the trade, felt like a nice farewell ride, and the 2nd 500 was a nice welcome to the FZ! (Is it still an Iron Butt if you complete it on more than one bike??)

I have to bow down to you guys here, such a wealth of knowledge! Helped me out so many times, kept me from asking a lot of dumb questions as well... This is one of the better motorcycling communities in the entire interwebz and I salute you all! :thumbup:

Lastly, for your viewing pleasure:

This bike is an absolute blast to ride, and it really feels like the best bike for me right now. I'm sure I'll upgrade to something else many years down the line but I plan on hanging on to this one for a while! It's already got some nice accessories on it, but it's time for the farkling to begin!!

·
Administrator
17,508 Posts
I have always liked those, along with the Triumph Street Triple.........enjoy that sweet new ride!

·
Registered
808 Posts
That generation FZ6 is beautiful, good thing you got another bike with bars!

I wouldn't want another I4 as a street bike (maybe for the track though), but it's just personal preference. If you never took your Strom offroad, the FZ6 is almost certainly a better all-around bike.

enjoy!

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
I've always like FZ6 and would probably do the same as you did if I could find the right deal. I think the only thing that stopped me was the lack of ABS (correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I had an '05 FZ-6 and found the power delivery to be really soft below, about, 7,000 rpms. Start to whip it though and it would move okay. I bet the Two Bros pipes sound good as you approach 14,000 rpms.

X

·
0 Posts
Congrats

Great looking Yammie. I've never ridden one, but a friend sold his because it shook him to death. Hopefully it was just a lemon, but I'd be interested in hearing how it compares to the Wee--can you ride it all day witout sssssshhhhaaakking?

Best of luck!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. I think I'll keep my Wee (its set up for sport-touring/commuting with hard bags, etc.), and get an ten year old Ducati supersport for the weekend twisty riding. I have a Honda XR650L for dual sport riding.

With the addition of the Ducati I'll have the three types of riding that I like at my disposal any time I want.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I still cant believe Yamaha replaced that bike with the FZ6R. The FZ6 has better brakes, better chassis, and looks alot better. I am a huge fan, and almost bought one instead to the DL650. The only reason I went with the Strom was more passenger room. I think if I would have bought an FZ6 I would have sold my Monster. Great purchase. Ride safe.

Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts