StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 DL1000 with around 45k km on it. Planning a long trip next year and thinking of downgrading to improve my mileage somewhat.

My bike is Silver, in perfect shape. Never been down or in an accident. Has Givi side bags, engine guards, skid plate, PCIII, hand guards, heated grips, Grip Puppies, tires are Pirelli in good shape.

Let me know if you are interested or know someone that is. Value of my bike is around 6k.

email me at drakorice[at]hotmail[dot]com

I am located in Delta BC Canada (West Coast)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't know if thats a valad reason to switch bikes! I have an '06 Wee with 125,000 km on the clock and on several 6000km road trips to the states with another Wee and 2 Vees, the "Road Toads", wee all put almost identical amounts of gas in at fill ups! I suspect the Wee gets better milage around town but at the 140km speeds wee were averaging, the Vees didn't seem to be working as hard with side cases on and loaded up for the trips. Suggest you do a long drive together with a Wee and compare milage!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
After having 2 Vee I switched to Wee and I'm preety happy too. As stayted above you're not going to get better fuel mileage if riding around 140km/h...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I must agree.... the mileage I get on highway trips is ridiculous..... average 20KM per litre of gas... just over 50MPG....

you have the PCIII your results may vary, then again with proper mapping it may be better...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts