StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else planning on doing either of these?? Just signed up for Cresson and if the weather's good I'll be at Hallett both days. Be riding the SV mostly, may bring either the V-Strom or the DR-Z to Hallett.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I want to do a track day really badly! But as of right now I don't have the cash laying around to spring for some new leathers/tires/fees/etc. Plus I don't know how comfortable I'd be taking the Wee around the track. I think I'd rather my first track day be on something a little more suited for it. Maybe after the winter's over I can make it over for one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hallett has rental suits. You really should give it a try it is a blast. As long as your tires are in good shape I would not worry about it, they may not be the best for the track but they will do ok.

I'm not going to make it this time too much stuff piled up

I want to do a track day really badly! But as of right now I don't have the cash laying around to spring for some new leathers/tires/fees/etc. Plus I don't know how comfortable I'd be taking the Wee around the track. I think I'd rather my first track day be on something a little more suited for it. Maybe after the winter's over I can make it over for one.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
can't do it this round but I wish I could.. I'd love to be there when Rich is there. Soon hopefully. have fun and be safe ;)

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it won't be on the SV but I will be there tomorrow. Going to give the DR-Z a flogging. :)

OKState311, you ought to come by and watch if you have time. Just to get a feel for what goes on. The Wee would be fine if you ever decide to do it.

Karl, sorry you won't be there, we'll try to coordinate one in the spring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How was the track day? I wanted to come out but was at work till about 4:00. It ended up being a great day to ride though, I took the extremely long way home!

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How was the track day? I wanted to come out but was at work till about 4:00. It ended up being a great day to ride though, I took the extremely long way home!
It was a nice day, especially for mid-November!! :)

The DR-Z wasn't as much fun as I'd hoped, the semi-knobby tires really had me skating around. :) Still, a day at the track is always a good day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Still fun though, I bet... There many Super-Moto guys out there for trackdays? I've been thinking about starting a Super-Moto/track/fun/hooligan bike project this winter. But Hallett's got enough straight-a-ways to get you embarrassed with a thumper though. I guess it's more about enjoying yourself than worrying about getting passed by I-4's though huh?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still fun though, I bet... There many Super-Moto guys out there for trackdays? I've been thinking about starting a Super-Moto/track/fun/hooligan bike project this winter. But Hallett's got enough straight-a-ways to get you embarrassed with a thumper though. I guess it's more about enjoying yourself than worrying about getting passed by I-4's though huh?

There were a couple. Don't worry about how fast the bike is, there's a much, much bigger difference in rider ability than bike capability. The fastest guys on motards are only 8-9 seconds off the track record, but the slow guys in the novice group are 50 seconds (or more) off record pace. A fast guy on a motard will be faster than 90% of the big sport bike riders.
The other thing is that you'll be faster on a slower bike than you will be on a big sport bike. Most track day riders would be better off on an SV650 or a motard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts