StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, finally getting around to resolving my intermittent surging and stalling after well warmed up.

I've got a new TPS and my Morgan Carbtune for the TBS - I think that'll get me there.

I've got a new air filter for good measure as well.

I feel like I've read tales of changing out a TPS in 10 minutes, but it seems pretty jammed in there to remove without removing the tank and airbox. Possible the PO has run more wires through that spot making it look more crowded, but I left myself quite a bit of time regardless. Just getting comfortable with wrenching on this bike. Will post some pics for posterity. Or if I get stuck with a dumb question. :confused:

Cheers!
Josh

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Just make sure you have security Torx bits and that you’re attacking the forward lower TPS and not the higher rearward STPS. Unless you forget to remove the old gasket/washer, it can take longer to adjust it properly than to R&R the unit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just make sure you have security Torx bits and that you’re attacking the forward lower TPS and not the higher rearward STPS. Unless you forget to remove the old gasket/washer, it can take longer to adjust it properly than to R&R the unit.
Well, the one I replaced was lower, but slightly further to the rear. The bottom one in this pic. I lucked out, my T20-with-hole bit was totally munched so I was relieved it turned out to be the T25-with-hole.

Side note, I think I remember reading about the likely-to-be-forgotten gasket/washer, but I forgot about that tip. Fortunately, I compared the two parts and realized I needed to pick the old seal out - put it with the old unit here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm forging ahead, but a couple of odd things. (lemme know if you can't see the pics)

#1 - What's up with the airbox? I mean, I got it out, but sheesh!

#2 - There was a filthy K&N filter in there, I'm sure that hasn't been helping things. I'll look up if it's cleanable/re-usable, but I've got a perfectly good paper one ready to swap in. I wonder if the PO overfilled with oil and it backed up? It may be normal to oil the re-usable filter, but it seems overly oily.

#3 - It looks like I've disintegrated maybe a breather filter or some such?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
557 Posts
No pics showing for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts