StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the Touratech Turn signials. They appear to have shorter stalks than OEM. Anyone out there using these who can comment on if these are short enough to eliminate the issue of the bike tipping over and the blinker getting broken off.
If these aren't short enough I guess I will have to go with the lockhart phillips.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
From what I can see on their web site the Touratech versions don't appear to be substantially different from any number of cheap accessory turn signals that you can by on the Internet or in your local bike shop except that they are up to three times the price.
If you purchased two sets of cheap ones and used one set as a spare you would still be better off financially.

·
0 Posts
If you're going to spend money on replacement turn signals, replace them with the Buell turn signals.

Do a search, and you'll come up with the part numbers to order from any Hardley Stealership.

I replaced my turn signals on a previous bike with the Buell ones, and they are very nice...flexible....and just as bright as ours.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I am interested in the Touratech Turn signials. They appear to have shorter stalks than OEM. Anyone out there using these who can comment on if these are short enough to eliminate the issue of the bike tipping over and the blinker getting broken off.
If these aren't short enough I guess I will have to go with the lockhart phillips.
Thanks
I've got them and they're short enough (and still on a flex stalk) that it's going to take a hard hit to get to them. Another nice thing is that, unlike Suzuki, the company that made these managed to fit a real reflector inside. Makes that 21w bulb blink brightly!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Touratechs mounted.

Left one is Touratech. Right one is oem.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I wonder how these compare to Buell for brightness ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can anyone that owns these Touratech lights please tell me what bulb they'd order for a replacement? I don't have these but need to know the bulb type/model they use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to clarify my statement above, I know the blinkers have 10w bulbs installed & that Touratech also includes 21w bulbs that you use instead of the 10w units. It's the 21w units that I need to know what model/type they are (specifically overall length).

Cheers,

AP

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Not positive but I believe the the amber bulb is an 1156A and clears are 1156 bulbs.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
As long as you don't tell them, other than the brutal acceleration, they won't know. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts