StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
The only thing I can see that might be a negative, other than the price, is the fact that they are so tight to the side fairing. You may have to loosen/remove the bars to get the fairing off.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Go with the Givi's....they look SOOOO much better and they will stand up. I have already dropped my WeeStrom on some single track and they totally protected the faring, didn't bend and still look very good.

I know that TouraTech makes GREAT stuff and I have their skid plate and oil cooler relocator (which is way awesome), but I really don't like their bars.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well sorry, but I say forget the Givi's. The vibration is something I don't like. Lots of info written about them and the vibrations.

·
Registered
80 Posts
naturally I will be purchasing crash bars after my little off. My two choices over here seem to be the GIVI or the motech bars. I've read about the vibration issues and the GIVI and have also they offer better protection than the Motech. Can you please help me make my mind up.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
naturally I will be purchasing crash bars after my little off. My two choices over here seem to be the GIVI or the motech bars. I've read about the vibration issues and the GIVI and have also they offer better protection than the Motech. Can you please help me make my mind up.
Nope. Your bike, your decision. Its not as if there isn't enough stuff written on these boards to make a choice on your own. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Another Crashbar Choice

I have recently installed the AltRider crashbars. Check them out here:

AltRider: AltRider Crash Bars in Black for the Suzuki V-Strom DL 650

Originally only available in a silver finish, they can now be obtained in matt black. They are extremely high quality - hence, the higher-than-average price of $289.79 USD. They are constructed with Stainless Steel tubing. I you scratch some of the black paint off, they aren't going to rust.

They are also designed to match with their black anodized aluminum skid plate:

AltRider: AltRider Skid Plate in Black for Suzuki V-Strom DL 650

Good hunting. :bom_guitarist:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I have recently installed the AltRider crashbars. Check them out here:

AltRider: AltRider Crash Bars in Black for the Suzuki V-Strom DL 650

Originally only available in a silver finish, they can now be obtained in matt black. They are extremely high quality - hence, the higher-than-average price of $289.79 USD. They are constructed with Stainless Steel tubing. I you scratch some of the black paint off, they aren't going to rust.

They are also designed to match with their black anodized aluminum skid plate:

AltRider: AltRider Skid Plate in Black for Suzuki V-Strom DL 650

Good hunting. :bom_guitarist:
altrider gets a big +1
see?

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
Skip the Touratech bars...get the AltRider ones.

I had GIVI bars on my DL650, but switched over to the AltRider bars. Much, much better quality. AltRider thought through the construction process to make them as strong as possible and use high quality pieces. Soon, they'll even have a set of sliders which you can combine with their bars to give your bike even more protection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those ALTs are definitely the nicest looking ones on the market.

Its interesting that no one has bought the Touratechs.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
How easy to change oil filter and oil with the Altrider plate and bars?
i just changed mine a week ago. i did it on a rear wheel paddock stand. toward the end of the draining time the oil ran forward on the case and into the bash plate. had probably two cups of oil trapped in there. it's a tight fit to get your hand in there and sop it up. the plate's drain hole is oblong just so you can drain it on the side stand. i think that would work better. you can get the oil filter off the bike but you CANNOT get it out of the bash plate. i had to loosen the oil cooler and pull the side cooler line. this was MUCH easier than it would have been to remove the bash plate. i e-mailed them with a suggestion to flair out the flair maybe an inch or even machine a notch just enough to make room to squeeze the filter out. ????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Removing/retrieving Oil Filter When AltRider Skid/Bash Plate Installed

you can get the oil filter off the bike but you CANNOT get it out of the bash plate. i had to loosen the oil cooler and pull the side cooler line. this was MUCH easier than it would have been to remove the bash plate.
Oh! Oh! I haven't yet got to that stage in my maintenance. I'll see if that is going to be the same on my wee.

Thanks Dorzok for the idea for loosening the Oil Cooler line.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Oh! Oh! I haven't yet got to that stage in my maintenance. I'll see if that is going to be the same on my wee.

Thanks Dorzok for the idea for loosening the Oil Cooler line.
so, you know what i mean about not wanting to remove the plate.
since you've a Wee you have the option of the Touratech cooler relocation kit. proly not worth it just for this reason. also try draining the oil on the side stand just to be sure you don't fill the plate with oil. the drain hole is oblongated just so you can drain it on the side stand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts