StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like either the metal or polycarbonate touratech Headlight Guard which is no longer listed on the USA, UK of Germany website. Some of the touratech sites have the 2017+ guards which are different. Hepco becker and rave tech guards attach by Velcro which I do not want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update on the link: https://www.srcmoto.com/collections/protective-guards-suzuki-v-strom-1000l/products/head-light-guard-suzuki-v-strom-1000-2014-2016?variant

Thanks for turning me on to this site. I didn't know about SRC before this. I like that headlight guard. I have the RaveTech and I like it fine, but I'm afraid one day I'm going to pull it off to clean the bug guts and the Velcro stickers are going to pull off with it.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Those industrial hook and loop, Velcro like things, are pretty stout. I had good luck with the plastic ones used by Laminar Lip. But they can fail and the Lip guy sells or provides plastic screws that eliminate the fear of it coming off at any speed. Unless the device would mount to the glass of the headlight. You could even use a sheet metal screw in the plastic of the surround.

·
Super Moderator
4,513 Posts
To be effective any perspex guard must not rest aginst the headlight. It needs to flex and absorb any impact. In the days of glass headlights such guards were necessary and effective. Today, not so much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got this at AliExpress for $20. It is amazingly strong and comes in clear, yellow, green, black. I am going to order the clear just to have it BUT the yellow shows up so well to drivers and it cuts through fod and rain very well. I used the small mounting tape with it but also used industrial Velcro. It has stood up to some pretty serious off road and a BDR that I am on all the time. I was naturally a little skeptical BUT it works great for me. I really like the metal but retirement is rich on time but not money. This has absorbed some roosters, drops, limbs and a kamikaze bird. Just my two cents. I have close shots if you need them but it is super easy to install, works, and strong. A LOT better than expected!!! AND I am saving up because they HAVE metal ones for $58. That is more in my ball park.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Shuckies, seems the guards are for the newer Stroms. I didn't see for the 1st generation. Great reference with good prices!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts