StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the lights yesterday. Came complete with wiring harness, switches, yada, yada, yada. Only one thing wrong. All the directions are in German :shock:

Went to babelfish to translate (wonderful website to translate between languages of all sorts!). Typical directions......leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, the lights look awesome and the bracketry is wonderful. Hopefully I'll figure out how to wire them up without burning anything up! :?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got the lights on & working after an all day marathon. Got the Givi crash bars on too (took about 20 minutes for the crash bars).

I'll see if I can post some pics tomorrow JRE.

Still got the center stand, two brothers pipes, PCIIIusb coming. Hopefully they'll be easier to install then those damn fog lights!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, let's see if I can post some pics....

How bout that....worked the first time!! :lol:

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, they look pretty sweet. They are halogen projector fog lights, 55 watts per light.

I ordered the set from Touratech at

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/hokasuya.lasso?TopCat=hokasuya&SubCat=Suzuki_Vstrom&-session=touratech:87369E198AAEC448A2D94DC714E4DFE3

They are $157.20 each and come with all the brackets, wires and switchgear.

If you order a set be prepared to see the instructions in GERMAN only. If anyone orders these and has a hard time figuring out how to wire them, I will be more than happy to tell you how it's done. Pretty simple actually as soon as you figure out which wires to hook up where.

They also have a real killer Xenon driving light (left side only); but a bit pricey at $432.30.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I speak some German (it's getting rusty since I lived there in the early 80s), but still have great German-English dictionaries so I could help folks with translation of tricky bits. We probably have some native German-speaking members though who could do a much better job than me.

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Newbie silly question, fog lights for all-round safety

I am trying to do what I can to increase safety on my bike. Are these lights that you will run all of the time, just to be seen better at all times, or are they really only for "fog"?

Thanks, I am a newbie and I am just wondering if this might be a good idea to explore.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed the "fog" lights for use when I want to be sure I'm seen. Such as during low light conditions and/or rainy conditions. You could use them all the time but I do not see the need to do that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks - being from the Seattle area - seems like good idea!

Thanks - being from the Seattle area - seems like good idea!

Not sure if I can install myself though. I am good at following directions, but not too electrically knowledgeable. So might have to have dealer install sometime. We shall see!

Thanks for the input!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Thanks - being from the Seattle area - seems like good i

L12B12E12 said:
Not sure if I can install myself though. I am good at following directions, but not too electrically knowledgeable. So might have to have dealer install sometime.
Actually once you get started with wiring it's pretty straightforward task. Got a great instruction translation from yukon42 but decided to re-wire the TT fog lights from scratch (exactly the same procedure as when installing car fog lights so practically any garage should be able to do the wiring in case you want someone else to do the job).

Yes, they look good on black also :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts