StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed Metzler Tourances on a '03 Strom. When slowing down using the engine there seems to be a slight wiggle (bars dance about 1/2 inch back and forth) from 40 -35 mph. Other than that seem to be a decent tire. They are not to fond of rain grooves though. Any ideas about the problem? Might have to try the new Conti's if the problem persists. Thx.

D

·
0 Posts
Some tires just don't like rain grooves. I don't have Tourances, but maybe the new tires just exacerbate instability from some slightly loose neck bearings. Mine were a little loose from the factory, as are another Stromin' buddy's.

R

·
0 Posts
Mine too

My Tourances did the wiggle also when they were new. After they wore in a little it seemed to be less noticable. Maybe I just got used to it? Anyway, they still do it when they are cold. Goes away when they warm up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm curious to find out more about the good and bad of the Tourances. Another web site: http://www.motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/VStrom.html
seems to indicate that they are a better choice than the stock Trailwings. I'm not yet near the point of needing new tires (owned my bike 1 month; have over 1400 miles on her so far!), but at the rate I'm going I may need some by the end of summer. Any more feedback out there on the Tourances, or any other tire choices?

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
213 Posts
tourances two-step

I've had 3 sets of tires on my bike, stock Tourances and now BT020s and they have all done this. I've had the head bearing adjusted twice with no luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts