StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DL650 is set up for coastal road adventure riding, meaning it sees a 50/50 mix of 75 mph highway use, and rough pavement twisty coastal roads. It sees some, but not much, dirt road use.

I'm thinking that the new Metzler Tourance EXP might be a good choice for me, over the regular tried and true Tourance which many other Stromers seems to like so much.

Any opinions on this idea?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have NOT used them yet as I'm still working on my current set of Tourance tires - just don't seem to wear out as quickly as other tires.

After reading the Metzeler site, I don't see any reason NOT to use them.

Might you give them a try and then report back? I still have a rear Tourance to mount in the rear, then it will be time to order once again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
After averaging 13,000 miles on my ME880's on my heavy Harley I was kind of disappointed in getting only 9,000 safe miles (I pushed it to 10,000) out of the Tourance rear on this VEE. I'd be very interested to hear how those EXP's hold up.

BTW, my VEE is not quite a year old yet and has over 18,000 miles on it. I'm on my second Tourance rear. Those stock Crapwings only lasted 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Metzeler Tourance "EXP" availabilty?

Are the Metzeler Tourance "EXP's" available in the US/Canada? If so, what dealer/distributor has the best deals on either the original Tourance or new Tourance EXP?

Jeff (SOPaRider)
2007 Wee Strom ABS

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 06 650 w/ 10k on the clock. I should have replace the stock rear about 500 miles ago. I ordered an EXP for the rear last friday (getting it mounted tomorrow). I do almost all highway (with the tiniest bit of dirt/sand roads). I'm interested to see how it feels and will let everyone know.

Just for comparison - I shelled out 160 mounted (without having to spin a wrench)!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bought my set from Southwest Moto Tires. I didn't shop around because in my experience, they have the best prices, and include free shipping.

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03170020 Tourance EXP 150/70VR-17 1 $140.95 $140.95
03160024 Tourance EXP 110/80VR-19 1 $120.95 $120.95
Shipping: SWMT Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $261.90

I haven't yet installed them, but will probably do so this upcoming weekend.

Jamie

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put my new Metzeler on the V-Strom. I ended up with the tried and true 'Tourance', in a 150/70. Looks like it'll be a good tire for blasting around Newfoundland's coastal roads, with the odd dirt road thrown in here and there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts