StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock rear Trailwing on my DL650 is just about gone at 9300 miles.

I would like to have more confidence on gravel and steep, curving Forest Service dirt roads.

Am thinking about installing a Metzeler Tourance rear tire and a Heidenau K60 front tire.

This could give a long-wearing rear tire, with decent offroad performance, as well as a front tire with better offroad handling?

I don't mind some increased road noise,
but don't want to decrease wet weather safety.

And of course I gotta ride long distances to get to my destinations!

Any tire suggestions?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
The stock rear Trailwing on my DL650 is just about gone at 9300 miles.

I would like to have more confidence on gravel and steep, curving Forest Service dirt roads.

Am thinking about installing a Metzeler Tourance rear tire and a Heidenau K60 front tire.

This could give a long-wearing rear tire, with decent offroad performance, as well as a front tire with better offroad handling?

I don't mind some increased road noise,
but don't want to decrease wet weather safety.

And of course I gotta ride long distances to get to my destinations!

Any tire suggestions?

Thanks!
Mike
Hi Mike i am in the same boat as you as far as tires go i have 8600 mile on my stock tires and i will be doing neva this year and was questioning my tires? So i took it to the shop and had them looked at they said i probably have at least 3500 miles left on them and i could wait till i get back from NEVA to change out so i have been researching tires and it leaves my head spinning. So i decided to be realistic about it and figured i ride 90/10. 10 being off road and as much as i would like to buy the Heidenau i can't justify the cost accept that a lot of guys have them and the only noticeable thing is at slow pace rumble thats it. So now i am leaning towards the torrance after a few recommendations. Your tire choices sound interesting and i can not wait to hear feed back. You don't think thats to extreme?

·
Premium Member
4,945 Posts
I don't know of any tire that gives the distance of the K60s front and back. Talking to a rider in Vermont got 22k miles on his set and I put 20k km om mine, heavily loaded and they easily passed safety check.

That solid bar down the centre of the rear gives them very long wear and super stable off pavement.

If you have ABS I'd not think them any less safe than others. Depends on how hard you push on wet pavement I guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts