StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tour of Honor is a self-guided motorcycle ride through all 50 states beginning April 1 and ending October 31. Raising funds for three organizations supporting veterans and first responders, the Tour highlights seven veterans memorials in almost every state, some states have four. Every year it is a different set of memorials, so year after year it is always a fresh ride. This is the 10th Anniversary year.

If you enjoy your freedoms, then enjoy the ride visiting these memorials and thanking our veterans. You pick where you want to go, and you pick when you want to go.

All the details are at 2020 Tour of Honor Motorcycle Ride. There is also a facebook presence at https://www.facebook.com/groups/130290830851907/

Register now. The flags are set to be mailed out to riders starting on February 18th. The 2020 sites will be announced on April 1st.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I always make a point thanking vets, freaking air force turned me down in 84, long story. My dad was a WWII vets, drafted in Italian Army, couldn't stand the Germans in south Italy (he almost got his hand chopped off by German tank commander when trying to hitch a ride on a German tank-that did it for him), saw alot of action, unit literally abandoned by officers in face of impending allies crushing them. He and other NCO's got battalion strength unit to safety on their own but the war was done for them at that point and they literally walked home from there , 1945 I think.

·
Registered
14,416 Posts
That's interesting, gristle. Many of us, like me, had absolutely mundane service and don't warrant the thanks and gratitude that folks want to bestow on us. The guys that were cannon fodder and got injured should be cared for under part of the Pentagon's budget. They f-ed up those guys then toss them to the fates.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agree 100%, gov't pisses away SO much $, and that's the little we know about. VA still sucks and benefits are a PITA still per vet colleagues in fire service - inexcusable. People need to just do their effing jobs from top on down in VA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts