StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wee is really packing now. Put the Tour-a-tech 31/38 combo on this afternoon. It is a stout package. It's the ultimate crash protection setup. I need to travel somewhere soon - or go grocery shopping.:hurray:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
My Wee is really packing now. Put the Tour-a-tech 31/38 combo on this afternoon. It is a stout package. It's the ultimate crash protection setup.
It's the only pannier setup I looked at that fit properly and was designed asymmetrically, so as not to waste space or look stupid. The Hepco&Becker luggage was the only other set that was asymmetrical, but their racks were very poorly designed and required me to distort the fit of the OEM rack to accommodate -- exceedingly lame. Returned.

I think they spell it "Touratech", though. :fineprint:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the only pannier setup I looked at that fit properly and was designed asymmetrically, so as not to waste space or look stupid. The Hepco&Becker luggage was the only other set that was asymmetrical, but their racks were very poorly designed and required me to distort the fit of the OEM rack to accommodate -- exceedingly lame. Returned.

Trying to avoid a T0 U RAT ESCH pronunciation.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Hey, sharp! I had no idea they'd updated the design. It looks like they solved one of the few problems with the first-generation style, which is the flimsiness of the tiedowns -- I've bent mine on occasion when cinching something too tightly. The new tiedown looks much stiffer.

And the black finish looks awesome! :thumbup:

When I got mine, the Touratech V-Strom rack mount was brand new, and I had to wait several weeks to get it, as their stock was spotty. They have absolutely been tough as nails, well designed, and very functional, and I've never been sorry I waited and spent a few extra bucks on them.

Touratech is right here in Seattle, and the showroom is cool. Lots of bikes on display that have been immersed in mud around the world. Last time I stopped in was to lament a lock core that had jumped ship somewhere on the highway after 2 years in service; they dug up another one with the same key code, tossed it to me, and sent me on my way.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

i've got the H&B Gobi setup on my V and it fits like MJ's glove. maybe you just got a bad rack...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts