StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I can touch up the plastic center upper cowling (fairing around the headlights), so please confirm if this doable and where can I buy the V Strom gray?
Since the spot is very small, I think I'll do myself, I think a body shop would laugh at me, not sure if they do that type of service.
Thanks for feedbacks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you do decide to go the touch up route you can buy Color Rite or TouchUpDirect touch up pens off ebay.I went with TouchUpDirect because it was cheaper and basicly the same stuff.If you use either one you may find that the felt tip is a bit large for applying the paint to small scrathes.I put a small amount of paint on a piece of plastic and then used a modelers brush to paint the scratch.They are cheap and can be purchased at any hobby shop.Also after the first time use of the pen the felt tip is soaked and hard to clean for future sratches so you may want to buy more than one brush.I found a six pack kit at the local hobby shop that had different sizes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was talking about dispensing a small amount of paint from a touch up pen and then using a small detail brush like model builders use to paint cars etc.I just found it easier to control the amount of paint being applied in the scratch.You may do it just fine with the felt pen tip.I was only offering a suggestion.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your inputs, I didn't know we have this type of product for motorcycles.
I'll try touching up and see what will be the result.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The lady at my Napa Auto Parts will match paint in very small quantities - like a few oz - and only costs a couple of bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts