StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever touch up their Givi engine guards? If so, what paint was used that matches the black powder coat? Thanks!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Black Sharpie.

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
Satin-finish Rustoleum black.
I used this too. I gave it a coat of the Rustoleum high temp BBQ paint first, to help combat any rust (stupid mild steel), before using the satin. I would have stayed with just the high temp paint, but it comes off way too easy. It doesn't wear as well. Overall, it turned out well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My brothers engine guards had paint damage when he bought his Wee. He removed them, sanded and used rattle can truck bed liner on them, turned out great.

·
Registered
149 Posts
+1 Truck bed liner

I strongly secnd the spray on truck bed liner. Covers all the scratches, prevents new ones, looks great color wise, and extremely forgiving to apply. More coats = more texture, and they dry very fast.

I painted mine last fall and liked it so much, I started thinking what else could paint. Ended up painting some newly fabbed aux light brackets as well, and again, couldn't be happier with the results!

I'm actuallu thinking of painting a recently aquired mnt bike all in bed liner. Good stuff.

My brothers engine guards had paint damage when he bought his Wee. He removed them, sanded and used rattle can truck bed liner on them, turned out great.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Leave them as they are...the battle scars add character. ;)

....and that's the GOOD side.

·
Registered
83 Posts
givi black touchup

Anyone ever touch up their Givi engine guards? If so, what paint was used that matches the black powder coat? Thanks!!
UK Hammerite Black Satin is a good match also good for the black parts on the bike swingarm and frame. If you take the Givi's through winter you will probably need a complete repaint, they rust like hell. Typical Italian quality of the 60's and it hasnt changed. I will go for the German version in future with powdercoat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts