StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, long time lurker!

Was on a nice ride through the country on the morning of July 4th and a car decided to pull out in front of me. I hit him square on at 55mph.

I've been riding since I was three and of all the bikes I've owned over the years, this was by far the most fun of any of them. The bike was nicely farkled thanks to all the info gleaned from this forum.

Unfortunately, due to the injuries I received in this crash, it looks like my riding days may be over. Just wanted to thank everybody for all of the great information over the last few months. This is by far one of the most civil forums I've ever been on.

Ride safe and keep an eye on the other guy.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Totaled

Sorry to hear of your accident, for lack of a better word. Whether you ride again or not, I wish you a speedy recovery and please keep us posted on your healing. Make sure you get the very best personal injury lawyer you can find. Your prolly lucky to be posting after a trauma like that.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Very sorry, I sure hope you can ride again. Stories like this always scare me. I got the Wee because it has ABS, thinking that might help save my life one day. But I guess stopping at 55mph still takes time. How bad are the injuries? Did you take an ambulance to the hospital??

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hope you heal well and get compensated as well as possible! I also lost a V-Strom this year in a similar scenario, but at much lower speed, so I kept my health and riding ability. Thankfully, insurance compensated me as well. I hope we all can ride safely into old age!

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Damn, that's a hell of a way to have to make your first post. Welcome to the group anyway. I hope to see you back under better circumstances. Hang in there!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I am lucky to be alive. Amazingly, I didn't break a single bone but I do have extensive soft tissue injury all over my body. Can't lift my arms or walk very well. My pelvis took a major hit (as you can see from the dent in the tank!) and that's where the worst pain is. I'm also having some neurological problems that my doctor is concerned about. I start physical therapy next week so we'll see how it goes.

I do have an amazing attorney that is taking good care of me!

·
Registered
471 Posts
There's not much to say that hasn't been said already, I'm just glad it was worse.........heal quickly and keep us posted............TD

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I assume since you have an attorney it was the cages fault.

Most people here I assume have ATGATT and I hope you did also! :yesnod:

I have taken a few rides lately without gear, bear minium is eye protection here, maybe gloves too. Never had any close calls lately but 10 years ago a dude pulled out in front of me and I had an "oh shit" moment. Layed the bike down too that year and I have a bit of road rash on my right arm.

What happens to the bike now? Bank own it? Crashed toys?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Sorry that happened, looks like you're lucky to be posting about it. I was knocked off my DL1000 last September, only doing about 45, broken leg and sore everywhere, totaled that bike too. What part of Oregon, I'm in Medford. Actually in Missoula, Mt. right now, little road trip, but I live in Southern Oregon..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm really glad you survived this terrible accident, and I'm very hopeful that you will in fact make a full recovery, and have lots and lots of money to enjoy!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Holy crap... That's almost enough for me to think about hanging up my own helmet for good... I hope your injuries won't preclude you from enjoying life post motorcycling... And that dent above your seat... Hope you already have had kids... Sheesh... Heal up and buy a lottery ticket...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts