StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 V-Strom 1000 Adventure just had a disagreement with a Mercedes SUV. Does anyone know what the total loss payout would be for a 2014 with only 4000 miles on it? I bought it new from the dealer last May.

Additionally, does anyone know a good place to get insurance repairs in the Los Angeles area?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Excellent Condition $8,565

That is from Kelly Blue Book Suggested Retail Value.

The Adventure same year is

Excellent Condition $9,460

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry this happened to you James...I hope the insurance company takes care of you and you can get back on the road soon.

Reactions: kustard

·
Registered
525 Posts
first off sorry to hear man ,hope you are ok!!

my bike was lucky (me not so much) but i got hit by a car and my bike has about $6k in frackles but it wasn't totaled (if you dont have a bike replacement policy).
i would of gotten 8k and change + 3k in after market extra insurance.
was a nice reality check as i was one of the first in the nyc area to own one and paid full msrp
i didnt have the adv model so you might get a little more

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm a little sprained and sore, but consider myself pretty lucky. My bike may possibly be a total write off. We'll see.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very happy to hear that you're ok. Last summer I took my crashed 2014 adventure with your mileage to the shop and told them that it was a new bike so make it like new. As there was no frame, engine, wheel or fork damage I didn't really care if they fixed it or totaled it. American family paid about $8400 to have it fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear. Make sure you get a few quotes for the repairs. It's my car I took it to the dealer recommended shop/dealer and they wanted to repair a car that should have been totaled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts