StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I rode about 60 miles with the case guards on and they vibrate like a tuning fork... My hands were numb within 20min of highway speed

Soooo, off they come and I need to know the torque value for the engine mount bolts

Thanks

Mark

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Which bolts? The #8s are 16.5lb-ft and the large bolt through #9 is 54lb-ft.

·
Boy talks too much....
588 Posts
Forgive me for being so bold but is it possible they aren't mounted correctly?:confused: I didnt feel any difference when I put mine on. But then I have been accused of being clueless at times.... I'm just sayin...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Before you start taking them off for good, just tighten up the slip joint. I just installed a set of Givi engine guards on my Vee. I noticed that the slip joint was really loose when I test fitted it in both bars. I just tightened up the slop with a piece of heavy duty gorilla tape. Use enought to make the fit tight in both bars and all is good.

I've ridden mine at low and high rpms to check for addition vibes. I even rode for a bit without gloves just to make sure.

You'll have to remove one side to make this correction, but that's nothing but 15 minutes from start to finish.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
They all should be 8mm shank bolts meaning 16.5lb-ft.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Took a couple of trys to get my Givi's mounted correctly. Was finally able to tourqe/ lock-tight the vibration out. Suspect they have saved big bucks in broken plastic. Whatever works for you. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts