StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Toronto Motorcycle Show is this weekend. Is anyone going? I think I'm going on Saturday with some trail riding buddy's. I think Dual Sport Plus is going to have a booth there.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I will be there on Friday; hoping that Suzuki has the 2012 Wee on display. This will likely be my ride next spring.
Ken

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things have changed. I am now going on Sunday. Should be there by 11am. Hope to bump into you Tom. Text or call me when you get there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm going to head down on Friday afternoon. My wife and daughters will join me later. We go on Friday because they get in free. It's also quieter, so you can spend more time looking at the bikes and not so many people see you drooling. :green_lol:

I read in Cycle Canada that Kawasaki won't be at the T.O. show this year. They were hoping a big local dealer would show the bikes for them. Not sure if they will be represented or not. Too bad, I was hoping to see the new 1000cc Versys.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think I will hold out for the January show,I prefer to stay out of the downtown if possible....:mrgreen:
Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heading down on Friday as that is the only time I have free. Not looking forward to weekday parking, but what are you going to do. I also hope the new wee is there, would love to see the updates in person.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Take the Go Bus from Aurora

Heading down on Friday ... Not looking forward to weekday parking,.
Park at the Go Lot Hwy 404 and Aurora road. $13.60 return trip.
Its an Express bus, right from Aurora to Union Station.

Actually starts in Barrie with a few stops before Aurora.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Park at the Go Lot Hwy 404 and Aurora road. $13.60 return trip.
Its an Express bus, right from Aurora to Union Station.

Actually starts in Barrie with a few stops before Aurora.
Heading down on Friday as that is the only time I have free. Not looking forward to weekday parking, but what are you going to do. I also hope the new wee is there, would love to see the updates in person.
Parking at Yorkdale and using the TTC is another option. Get there early enough and the shopping madness shouldn't be in full swing yet. :yikes:

·
Administrator
13,685 Posts
Parking at Yorkdale and using the TTC is another option. Get there early enough and the shopping madness shouldn't be in full swing yet. :yikes:
Heavy,

Are you heading down to the show?

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Nope. Going North. :furious:

One more wall for vapour barrier, insulation, sheeting and foamboard. Then I can turn on the furnace...and start working on the inside.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll be going Sunday...it will be depressing tho :eek:rig_frown: ...I messed up my left shoulder August 10. Had to park the bike since then. Looking forward to recovering before next summer and making up for lost time. see you all there

·
Registered
495 Posts
i went on saturday. what a waste of $16.00. I had promised myself I'd never go to a bike show again, but went just for "the hell of it".

I wont be going again. waste of time and money !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought it was a waste of time. Well, not that much time, 35 minutes. Brutal.
I've heard the show in January is much better, I'll probably take a chance on it. Surely it couldn't be worse?!
With a little luck all the ugly chicks in short shorts will have something better to do in the new year.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
You think the scenery is bad on YOUR end!

With a little luck all the ugly chicks in short shorts will have something better to do in the new year.
Stop complaining! Their mothers and grandmothers are all here
in Sarasota Florida, driving their Cadillacs 16 miles per hour,
clogging the aisles in the supermarkets, and taking all the
good parking spaces.

If you doubt this, come and visit. The first 500 miles
are a tad chilly, but after Cincinnati it's not too cold.

Keith

·
Administrator
13,685 Posts
I enjoyed the show, but apart from seeing the new Strom my expectations were very low (I liek the Janaury shpws muc hbetter.) For me the show is as much about seeing old friends, etc as anything else.

I really did like the new Strom and am sure to be getting one for 2012.

..Tom

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I enjoyed the show, but apart from seeing the new Strom my expectations were very low (I liek the Janaury shpws muc hbetter.) For me the show is as much about seeing old friends, etc as anything else.

I really did like the new Strom and am sure to be getting one for 2012.

..Tom
And? Did you get one after "try on" at the January show?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts