StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I do that? :biggrinjester: Took a little ride Thursday night and traveled a long stretch of straight highway on the way home. Well you can see the results in the photo. Very stable at this speed. Killed a lot of bugs along the way. Woody is officially broken in now!

Later

FastLane

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I read the title of the post and thought this looks good..........then saw the 106 mph, :thumbdown: I was looking forward to at least a 125 possibly a 130 (speedo error) but alas my spirit was dashed. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I read the title of the post and thought this looks good..........then saw the 106 mph, :thumbdown: I was looking forward to at least a 125 possibly a 130 (speedo error) but alas my spirit was dashed. Better luck next time.
I was thinking the same thing, I do that fairly regularly....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mistake:

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to mislead on top speed. That wasn't top speed on the bike but just for my night out ride. She had plenty left. Really need to be on the track at those speeds.

Later

FastLane

·
Registered
639 Posts
is the new Vee still restricted in the same gears?

my '07, 4th gear is fastest, the only unrestricted gear, it will climb right to red line and in hurry
I wonder if they suffer from the dreaded Suzuki 'self restricting'?? the Gixxers, B King's and VZR's need TRE installed to remove the rev limiter from them.

·
Registered
22,287 Posts
I wonder if they suffer from the dreaded Suzuki 'self restricting'?? the Gixxers, B King's and VZR's need TRE installed to remove the rev limiter from them.
it's my understanding that 1st gen Vee's are restricted in 1st, 2nd & 3rd to keep intake honk at bay to meet EPA noise levels, and they are restricted in 5th and 6th cause the bike itself is not safe, 125 or so is about all you can get out of the top 2 gears, but in 4th, it will pull to nearly 140

is the new "Beak" any different ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Good question. I will NOT volunteer to try to see how fast the Vee2 will go - in any gear! The acceleration on this bike is strong. For instance, when I did over 90 in 4th gear at 6+k rpm, I felt that was fast enough. Randy O does ask some questions I would also like answers to, but for me, this Vstrom is fast enough in any gear!:yikes:

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's nothing. Not to brag, but once the GPS on my DL1000 recorded this:

·
Registered
209 Posts
it's my understanding that 1st gen Vee's are restricted in 1st, 2nd & 3rd to keep intake honk at bay to meet EPA noise levels, and they are restricted in 5th and 6th cause the bike itself is not safe, 125 or so is about all you can get out of the top 2 gears, but in 4th, it will pull to nearly 140

is the new "Beak" any different ?
*If* its possible to re-program the ECU just like the GXR1000, Hayabusa etc. then any restrictive mapping could be easily fixed. Anyone have any details on the ECU?

Having used one, I wouldn't recommend a TRE to anyone. Re-mapping (a.k.a. flashing) is the *optimum* solution.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Having used one, I wouldn't recommend a TRE to anyone. Re-mapping (a.k.a. flashing) is the *optimum* solution.
Really? I fitted a TRE on my K7 and reckon it was one of the best mods I have done. Made the bike really responsive and lively.

·
Registered
22,287 Posts
*If* its possible to re-program the ECU just like the GXR1000, Hayabusa etc. then any restrictive mapping could be easily fixed. Anyone have any details on the ECU?

the restriction is not by mapping, you can install a Power Commander or reflash your ECU and it will still be restricted in 1,2,3, 5 & 6

how is it restricted ? by retarding the timing

only way to unrestrict is TRE

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
209 Posts
the restriction is not by mapping, you can install a Power Commander or reflash your ECU and it will still be restricted in 1,2,3, 5 & 6

how is it restricted ? by retarding the timing

only way to unrestrict is TRE
I don't know who you did your flashing, but I had no restrictions whatsoever on my Busa. A PC or TRE is redundant as the restrictions can be programmed out and the timing retardation removed. After all, its the ECU that's controlling it all.

I can assure anyone that removing the TRE and flashing the ECU was like night and day, chalk and cheese or whatever term you want to use. The TRE felt like it was giving more power, but was harsh in delivery. With the flash it was smooth as silk through all gears *and* delivered more power throughout.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts