StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Really good way to die on these bikes.......I wouldn't open the throttle like that too much. If you don't have a forkbrace or steering stabilizer, you may want to get one. You will rarely hear of folks on this site, that see what these bikes will do.....just too much unstable at high speeds.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
speed

Really good way to die on these bikes.......I wouldn't open the throttle like that too much. If you don't have a forkbrace or steering stabilizer, you may want to get one. You will rarely hear of folks on this site, that see what these bikes will do.....just too much unstable at high speeds.
this was on the dyno the speed i once had it up to 137 up hill. felt nice an smooth as i have not had it that fast since . 100 feels great nice an smooth. no tickets yet . i better not speak to soon. thats what gets me my k6 runs nice an smooth at fast speeds. :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Is that speedometer MPH or actural GPS / Radar MPH??:confused:

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
I've been about 130 in 4th, an unplanned event, whacked it open to pass a string of cars, as I went past the last car and rolled off, I saw 13x on my GPS

even with my caribou cases, no stabilizer, no fork brace, I noticed no instability

I'm told that 5th and 6th are electronicly resticted and 4th is pretty much as fast as you can go, gets up there pretty quick too, in the 2½ years I've had my Vee, I think its the only time I ever went more than a couple mph above a ton

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
24 Posts
"accidentily" indicated 110mph ( probably actually 100mph ) for a couple of miles on an empty stretch of interstate. i didn't notice any instability at all.
mike

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I think I can get my 650 up to 130mph....if I find I big enough cliff to hurl it off of :p

SS

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Mine was stable to an indicated 118mph. At 119mph, it started a head shake that turned into a tank slapper that spit me off. Especially if not running a fork brace and steering stabilizer, your bike can can be closer to disaster at those speeds than you can imagine. Luggage especially can make a shake become uncontrollable in a hurry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
got up to an indicated 190kph with the oem trialwings on my dl650k5. Still had some juice left but wasnt comfortable at that speed. Bike was shaking a little. Would like to try it again with my new pirelli scorpions.

the yamaha yzf-r1 i had seemed to be just getting into its powerband at this speed, very different bike, scary fast.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I've been about 130 in 4th, an unplanned event, whacked it open to pass a string of cars, as I went past the last car and rolled off, I saw 13x on my GPS

even with my caribou cases, no stabilizer, no fork brace, I noticed no instability

I'm told that 5th and 6th are electronicly resticted and 4th is pretty much as fast as you can go, gets up there pretty quick too, in the 2½ years I've had my Vee, I think its the only time I ever went more than a couple mph above a ton
You probably can get away with kicking a sleeping lion in the balls on occasion but the end result will not always be favorable.:mod_lol::mod_lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
A certain '07 Wee in FL (note: sea level) bone stock w/o luggage has seen 123 mph....INDICATED, which would equal 113mph actual. Long, long, straight stretch. Can't recall how much of a tailwind, but I'm sure it was to the rider's favor. No fork brace. Same Wee with Top case in CO (note: 5,000+ feet) struggles to hit 115 indicated. YMMV.

Z

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
dl 1000

Is that speedometer MPH or actural GPS / Radar MPH??:confused:
gps 137 . 141 on dyno these bikes are very stable at high speeds . my bike feels more cofortable over 50mph . an ya the 650 would need big mods to get more than 130mph .lets remember stock 650 115 mph. stock 1000 125 mph.im sure they will go faster with alot more$$. an someone out there is doing it now. :var_39:3rd gear is the passing gear .4th ya this bike does not need all the gears.dl 1000 k6

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
80. That's about it on a curvy road with the Devil on my shoulder, even on fast bikes with good brakes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
121mph on a accurate Speedradar on a raceday racetrack 2004 Dl650 completely stock Tucked in to get rid of head wobbling wind resistance and still felt like it had a little more to give but ran out of straight :eek:

the wee isnt the fastest bike in the world but i can keep up with most 600s on thw twistys

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
HomeMadeSin;369796Same Wee with Top case in CO (note: 5 said:
You'd think the top case would be less of a factor at 5,000 ft. with the air molecules at a looser spacing and all. Did you happen to check your gas mileage at 115?

I can't wait to get to the track to see if the sleeping lion dislikes getting kicked in the balls any less there.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
131 indicated and still picking up speed. I had the top box on at the time. I'd like to remove the windscreen, and luggage and do it again sometime.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You'd think the top case would be less of a factor at 5,000 ft. with the air molecules at a looser spacing and all. Did you happen to check your gas mileage at 115?

I can't wait to get to the track to see if the sleeping lion dislikes getting kicked in the balls any less there.
Probably, but I wanted to give the facts. Gas mileage was not good - down to single blinking bar at 150 miles....

Z

1 - 20 of 53 Posts