StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of the Givi E21 and I think the Pelican 1440's. Are there any other sidecases that are top loading?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Happy trails, Touratech, and Jesse are top loading too.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Hepco and Becker have top loaders plus the Givi Monolock (?) series are side loaders with a small opening top flap for access to the box without fully opening the side.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Givi E41's are "quazi" top loading. They have a small opening to grab a pair of gloves or something but are mostly a clam shell design.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the E41s "Keyless" bags. They are primarily clamshell, and have a small flip-top section which is opened by combination lock to access stuff at the top of the bag.

I like them because I can get my raingear out without opening the entire bag. For the most part, if I pack a bag full... I'm not opening it on the bike (it's coming into the house/hotel with me as luggage) so the clamshell works nicely.

If you want close-up pictures of the flip section, just let me know.

-Russ

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at top loaders for ease of use. My last bike had side opening side cases which I even had liners for but even with those it was a pain sometimes making sure nothing got stuck in the hinge when you tried to close them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts