StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Pick up my Red dl 650 on tuesday Im considering the Suzuki luggage especially the top case. Any 1 have this luggage . I like the look however I remember reading somewhere ( I think) that the Top case makes the pillion area less comfortable for the passenger.
Any opinons on the the factory luggage would be apreciated.

And also I have a 1998 concours for sale 3500 or best offer :D

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
ThomasE, do a search under" luggage hard bags ". Lots of pages of info for a new Strom owner.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the Givi 46 liter top case (pretty much the same as the factory luggage) on my V-Strom, and I can't say enough good things about it. More specifically to your question, my wife finds herself feeling much more secure with the top case as she does not feel like she will slide off the back. Although you didn't ask, the back rest is not necessary, and it takes up valuable seat space unless you are each under 125 pounds.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I also have the Givi V46 topcase. Excellent quality, lots of room. Can fit two helmets inside it. There are a lot of other options than the Suzuki luggage. The main downfall of the Suzuki cases is that it is hard to find replacement parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thought with a good top case I might not have the need for side cases except on longer trips..
Any1 know of any soft bags that can be used on the 650 with out supports.?

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
IMO do not buy the Suzuki luggage. The older luggage was made by Kappa/Givi for Suzuki. I don't know whom is making it now, but if you decide a Strom is no longer in your future the luggage has to stay with the bike. At least with the Givi stuff if I decide I want a different motorcycle, I can possibly use my Givi's on it

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Well I feel the same way, but I am on my 3rd new bike in 5 completed seasons :lol: I never would have thought that possible

ThomasE said:
Strom no longer in my future?? isnt that like..blasphemy

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
+1 for Givi V46 :D

Nightwolf, 3 new bikes in 5 "completed" seasons? Yikes, you crashing a lot or something? And what is a "completed season" anyway? Does this have something to do w/not riding year 'round b/c that would explain why I'm not familiar w/this term.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have to recommend the Givi E460 top case as well. Same size as the V46, not quite as egg-shaped, and the red plastic trim matches the bike nicely.

Same size as the V46, but cheaper. Excellent quality. For side bags, an option is a set of Givi E21's with SW-Motech quick release racks. When your not using them, there are no racks visible - just a few mounting tabs is all.

I'm thinking more and more about adding that side bag set up to my bike. I travel pretty light, and the case combo along with a large soft bag behind the top case and a large tank bag should be plenty on long trips, while at the same time not weighing me down on day trips.

Here's a pic of the E460 in action....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
orezona I really like the look of the lower faring.. how do you rate it, does it help block any cold air on lower leg , feet. .. and where can i get one . thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
ThomasE said:
orezona I really like the look of the lower faring.. how do you rate it, does it help block any cold air on lower leg , feet. .. and where can i get one . thanks
Ditto, I love the lower faring. I would like to know where to get one as well. Let us know :D

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Started riding in 2001 on a new VS800 Intruder, had it 54 weeks when I was hit by a drunk. Picked up bike # 2 a VS1400 Intruder had it for 3 seasons and traded it for the Strom which I have had for one season. My season is somewhere between 5-6 months depending upon snow & salt. I reide every day for 5 months May 15th through October 15th. I'm about to start my 6th season riding and my 3rd season as an Instructor. I am averaging 13,000 miles a season & I had 3 bad seasons, when I only managed 9000 miles sandwhiched between seasons with 18,000+ miles. I still own an Intruder and my Strom and I had an 81 RD350lc in there but I never plated that one

STROMETTE said:
+1 for Givi V46 :D

Nightwolf, 3 new bikes in 5 "completed" seasons? Yikes, you crashing a lot or something? And what is a "completed season" anyway? Does this have something to do w/not riding year 'round b/c that would explain why I'm not familiar w/this term.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts