StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been dicussed, but Im confused about the Trax alu-box topcase. If I order one, will it fit my bike? It looks the same as my side cases that came with my adventure. Is all I need the locks?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You will need the mounting kit and box. I ordered one and mounting kit. Got the mounting kit but box is backordered. Got a release date of July 1.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Skysail,

I'm not sure the responders know exactly what the Adventure model comes with. The pics I've seen seem to show an adapter plate. They certainly don't show the same carrier as the non Adventure model. Check with Twisted Throttle. The Trax may fit directly or only require their $20 fitment kit to your adapter plate. A pic of your carrier could help. Does it look like 990D0-11J00-060, maybe without the 990D0-11J00-062 lock and bobbins? Oy maybe 990D0-11J00-062 is all you need.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The OEM box and adapter plate work with the existing plate on the adventure model. I installed both without a problem. When I spoke with TT about the Trax box and motech adapter plate, they were not sure whether it would work with the existing plate on the adventure model.

The OEM box looks identical to the Trax box except that it says "Suzuki" instead of "Trax" on the back.

Also, I found that it was cheaper to buy the OEM box and adapter plate rather than the Trax box and Motech adapter plate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The "fixing kit" is what is needed with the adventure. It is the part that has the spools and the plate at the rear of the adapter plate that comes standard on the adventure model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since both the trax as well as the oem box are back ordered (i had oem on order for more then a month and they kept pushing the estimated date..), i gave up and ordered the 46l givi top box. It's less than half the cost, made of plastic but seems durable as hell and more roomy. Yes, it's not aluminum and doesn't look exactly like my side Adv cases, but I kind of like the way it ended up looking and the functionality of it. besides, I only mount the side cases for long adv rides. daily rides the top givi box is what I use. happy with the choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I appreciate the help. It would be ideal for me to order the oem topbox on the internet, but i cannot find one. A direct link would be awesome.

flyfishjeff, do you know if babbitts still carries this box? The website does not show it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help. It would be ideal for me to order the oem topbox on the internet, but i cannot find one. A direct link would be awesome.

flyfishjeff, do you know if babbitts still carries this box? The website does not show it.
I lied, I found it, it was just my slow computer.
Anyways, are there part numbers for anything else I need? I see the box, the attachment, what about locks/keys?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Anyone received an OEM topcase for a 650 yet?

When I purchased a 650 Adventure I also ordered an OEM topcase. That was back on June 21, 2012 and it has not arrived yet (July 26). The dealer just checked and was told that there is still no estimated time of delivery.

There are a couple models available, one is rather tall and square looking. The one I ordered is flatter, seen here: Touring Top Case - 990D0-TC420-YUS - V-STROM

Case part number is: 990D0-TC420-YUS and adapter part number is: 990D0-11J00-060

Dealer says that someone else makes them, Suzuki puts their name on it and sells as a Suzuki case. I don't know if that is correct.

I am wondering if anyone has recieved one of these cases yet. I would like to put it to use in August and we are nearly there now. I sent an e-mail to a web vendor found with a Google search, asking if they actually had it in stock, have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Since both the trax as well as the oem box are back ordered (i had oem on order for more then a month and they kept pushing the estimated date..), i gave up and ordered the 46l givi top box. It's less than half the cost, made of plastic but seems durable as hell and more roomy. Yes, it's not aluminum and doesn't look exactly like my side Adv cases, but I kind of like the way it ended up looking and the functionality of it. besides, I only mount the side cases for long adv rides. daily rides the top givi box is what I use. happy with the choice.
Can you do me a favor and post or private message a picture with all the boxes on it. I've always been a fan of givi cases, and although I have all three aluminum suzuki cases, am considering getting rid of the topcase for a givi case that can fit two helmets in it. My wife and I do many local rides and the ability to store/lock two helmets would come in a lot more handy than just having "matching luggage".

I primarily want to know how much clearance there is opening the side cases with a givi box on top and (of course for the wife) want to know if it looks like crap or if I can pass it off as "ok". If it looks ok, I'll probably list my OEM topcase here for sale and get a givi to replace it.

Alexi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gidday Coastal,

The OEM box is actually just a Hepco & Becker 42L, but I can't remember the model off the top of my head. The expensive bits will be the mounting plate and adapter plate, but they're good quality. It comes with a simple key/lock but doesn't have a push button open. Interior wise, it will hold a full face and has straps on both top and bottom.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
253 Posts
To clear up a little confusion. SW-MOTECH makes TraX cases and the aluminum Suzuki branded OEM cases and carrier.

That said.... the cases that come from Suzuki that are stamped with their logo have a different mounting pattern than the TraX branded cases and topracks.

If you have a SW-MOTECH toprack you will need a TraX case.

The same can be said for the Suzuki branded carrier and case. Each only mounts to the "like" component.

You cannot mix and match Suzuki and Trax / SW-MOTECH gear.

Kevin from Twisted Throttle (North American Distributor of SW-MOTECH and TraX)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts