StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a couple of videos of a JCW (GIVI knock off) top box with, run, turn & brake lights in the red plastic band that goes around the back. Anybody have any info on where to P/U those lights?? One had the wigwag thingy going on. Looked real neat and was super bright.
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
I put some in a Bestem Top Box. Check this thread:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-tech-farkles/59975-replace-bestum-box-light-2.html

I didn't install any fancy circuitry. There are three strips of LEDs installed now. One is for running light, one for brake, and one is divided into two turn signal strips. And of course the lights that came in the Bestem Top Box are wired as brake lights too.

I'm trying to figure out how to create an animated GIF so that I can show you all how it looks in operation. It might have to wait until after my trip to Big Sur in week.

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
146 Posts
Admore lighting makes nice sets. You can order them directly or (as I did for my v35 sidecases) order them from Twisted Throttle. I haven't gotten them but I'm looking forward to the extra visibility.
www dot admorelighting dot com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Used the same 30 LED strips as Mike above but wired them into my existing HyperLites module. This allows the LED's under the JCW Case's red plastic to at least be Run/Break. When break applied they strobe just like the HyperLites. The entire rear-end lights up like an epileptic christmas tree when breaking. So it's run/break only, no turn sigs. Mike is right, get the RED LED's. I got the white and they come off as more Orange than Red through the JCW lens, should have gotten the RED.

They have been going strong for just over 2 years now without issue. One of these days I'm thinking about replacing the cheap-o JCW with something slightly better like a Coocase with built in LED turn/run/break lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts