StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
A couple of months ago I bought a Givi V46 top box. Great. I also installed the E528 adaptor to attach the box to the bike. So far so good. I was able to buy the Suzuki side cases at dealer cost (I purchased the bike before the promotion) and now realize the side cases need a whole new top rack in order to attach the brackets for the side cases. This rack is included with the side cases. Here lies the problem. This new top rack is different dimensions and different hole arrangement than the stock rack. My new top box can no longer fit with the current Givi adapter. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions would be helpful.:headbang:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not quite sure what's ideal but you could get an adapter plate to screw down onto the new rack you've put on. Alternatively Givi do make a kit which has the Pyramind clamp (that the box locks onto) and pins that the back of the box slid onto - you may be able to bolt this down on the new rack (careful with the measurements).

·
Registered
899 Posts
Givi does make a universal plate. I have one that I used on a generic rack on my R1100R. I'm sure with a couple of holes drilled in the Zuki mounte plate that it could be mounted there.

I'll eyeball it tonight for you when I get home from work.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I can't see any reason why the Givi universal plate can't be used with the OEM rack. You'd have to remove the OEM mount points (they bolt on) and the little rubber feet.

Then the Givi plate bolts down flat on top. It comes with some steel bolt-through plates that might just work for you, without needing to drill any holes in the OEM rack.

It should work.

Here's what mine looks like:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4570

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The issues were the hole alignments and the shape of this new rack. Its longer than the stock rack and not as wide at the tail end. I was able to align 2 bolts on the adaptor plate to the rack without issue once I used a dremel to widen the openings for the larger bolts which attach the rack to the bike. I then used 5 heavy duty zip ties to firmly attach the adaptor plate. So now there are 4 screws and 5 ties holding the plate. This is a very solid set up. Thanks for the feedback.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts