StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 DL1000XT Adventure and I need a top box that somewhat matches the stock Suzuki side cases AND the ability to hold 2 helmets. The Givi Outback 58L fits the bill nicely but it's too wide to be compatible with the stock side cases (which sit high, btw). The 42L box can hold one helmet. What says the collective?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I decided that I just cannot have miss matches boxes. I tried sourcing all the bits I needed to install the SW Motech Trax top box but could not find a mount in stock anywhere. I jumped onto the Suzuki site and they had the mount (including all the necessary bits not included with the SW Motech plate) in stock so I ordered it, and since I was there anyway went ahead and ordered the Suzuki branded top box. It wasn't that much more than the SW Motech one. I ordered a complete key and tumbler set through a different vendor since they were half the price Suzuki wanted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try partzilla, if they are out of stock which mine were I got it about 30 days but they had the best price. One helmet in the top box the other on the passenger peg. I'm pretty sure there's a larger top box also but didn't want to have a u haul truck on the back, lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
I’ve got the same year and package as yours OP. I went with the Givi 42L. My two cents...unless you’re going to be riding two up a lot and don’t like the idea of locking the second helmet to somewhere (ex. Passenger foot peg bracket)...I’d go with the 42L. It’s a great size case for doing everything but storing two helmets.

Edit: Finish wise, the SW-Motech is likely going to be closer to the stock panniers (they made them for Suzuki), but their top case is a bit smaller. That and it’s ~$100 more than the Givi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it done after a week wait for them to ship it to me. Suzuki top box (SW Motech) with mounting plate. The plate comes with all you need to mount it, no trying to figure out what adapters to get and the arms that secure it to the side of the bike. It's a rop notch kit for sure. The 38L box holds one modular helmet and some other small stuff no problem. Now I look like a rolling stack of luggage, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks great

i went through suzuki too, price was almost the same and i knew they got all the right mounting hadware etc for my year / model.
Thanks! It's a no brainer especially if you have the side cases already. I would have preferred a bigger box but this will do just fine for 95% of my needs. My wife seems to think it will do when we are 2 up, but she doesn't have the same amount of room now. I guess we'll have to take a ride to find out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’ve got the same year and package as yours OP. I went with the Givi 42L. My two cents...unless you’re going to be riding two up a lot and don’t like the idea of locking the second helmet to somewhere (ex. Passenger foot peg bracket)...I’d go with the 42L. It’s a great size case for doing everything but storing two helmets.

Edit: Finish wise, the SW-Motech is likely going to be closer to the stock panniers (they made them for Suzuki), but their top case is a bit smaller. That and it’s ~$100 more than the Givi.

View attachment 272531
Love your stickers, I am a greyhound owner also and have been for about 8 years. Best dogs ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got it done after a week wait for them to ship it to me. Suzuki top box (SW Motech) with mounting plate. The plate comes with all you need to mount it, no trying to figure out what adapters to get and the arms that secure it to the side of the bike. It's a rop notch kit for sure. The 38L box holds one modular helmet and some other small stuff no problem. Now I look like a rolling stack of luggage, lol.

That was my first choice initially. If my dealer could have gotten ahold of the mounting plate (there was a nationwide back order at the time), I would have gone that route. Back in October when I bought mine, the only place that I saw that had the plate was German re-sellers on eBay.

Love your stickers, I am a greyhound owner also and have been for about 8 years. Best dogs ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Mine is very good natured. We’ve had him for a little over five years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts