StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had planned on installing Pelicans because they saved my Wee's bacon during at least three falls in the driveway. Serious unabated falls. The bike just plain flopped over onto cement unhindered. The Pelicans prevented any serious damage to the bike and you had to look hard to find any evidence of the falls on the Pelicans.

However, two days ago I saw this.....

While they may not protect the bike like the Pelicans, maybe I'll be more careful with the new bike.

Does anyone have experience with the SH48 top case and the new SH36 side cases?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Nice look to em but like you, Pelicans have protected my bike and legs on more than one gravel drop. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Rick, from that one pic, it appears the sidecases protrude up higher than the passenger seat level?? If one has a big-azz duffle bag strapped on back there, would it not rest on the two sidecases, not the seat portion?? (I may be missing something....:headbang:)

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
I like the look of these Shad panniers. Contacted Shad and am awaiting a response. Looks like a simple but effective set up.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
I just today became a dealer for Shad products (Obviously I really liked the looks of those bags).

I can get shad products to you for 10% off retail. Call or email me if this is of use to you.
Rick,
I sent you a request via your website, just a head's up. The Shad video is very convincing, and FWIW, webbikworld did a review of the Shad products and loved them.:yesnod:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I just today became a dealer for Shad products (Obviously I really liked the looks of those bags).

I can get shad products to you for 10% off retail. Call or email me if this is of use to you.
It seems that you have forgotten to arrange a percentage of the profits that you make from selling these to come to me, seeing as you are using the information on my blog to sell from :headbang:

I have been forced to remove the information from my blog in the meantime, sorry to anyone interested in wanting to know about this product.

My blog is a personal hobby blog, set up to share my riding adventures and to share news about accessories available for V-Stroms. It is not affiliated with any vendors or advertisers and costs me money per year to host the hundreds of images and to maintain the blog, not to mention the time and effort.

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry Zed,

I was trying to give credit to your site for the pic and information.

Your site is so informative, well written, and well executed I thought it must have been done for a larger audience with the intent on sharing information with the community. Feel free to take 10% of your next order of Adventuretech products as support for the site. Seriously, it's extremely well done and an asset to the community.

I saved the image and then posted it to vsari. The photo is now supported by VSARIs bandwidth.

Rick

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll ask again ,, whats the price , do they do them for the 650 , and is it bags only or do they do the brackets , thanks in advance

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys,

I started this thread really as an owner really interested in the luggage. However since I have become a Shad Dealer during the process of getting to a decision about whether or not to buy them (I am ASAP) I am going to start a thread in my vendor area.

The answer to the question about how much they run is as follows

For a 2014 DL1000

Luggage rack (they call it a fitment) $193.00 ($173.70 with discount)
SH36 Side case pair $469.00 ($422.10 with discount)
SH48 Top Case $285 ($256.50 with discount)
Top case adapter for V2 ~$55 ($50 with discount).

Right now Shad is offering free side case bag liners or free shipping on the side cases.

The SH48 top case is pretty big so some who ride without their significant other may want a smaller less expensive top case.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Does the top of the Shad SH36 panniers / cases sit level with the pillion seat, or do they sit above it? If they're above then I can see it'll be harder to swing the leg over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts