StromTrooper banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
engine guards....good protection in case. SW Motech works for me.
seat. I use Sargent
saddlebags. Using Givi.
center stand. like the SW Motech
headlight relay. mine is from the beaver.

·
Registered
256 Posts
for me, the top 5 farkles will depend on your priority and the weather/season you ride in.

Since I purchased my bike in the winter, I needed to protect me from the cold right away. So my priority are as follows:

1. Hand guard (OEM is fine if you don't take it off road all the time)
2. Larger windshield/Madstat ( the wind buffeting issue isn't too bad for us inseam challenged, as I'm not the tallest person. But a larger windshield will protect me from the cold and wind, I figure I might as well buy the Madstat mount while I'm at it)
3. CenterStand - great for chain maintanance and lube, plus changing flat tires.
4. Engine Guard - I have the SW Motech.
5. Fork Brace - Richland Rick is good value here.

Noticed that I hadn't put on the heated hand guard, it's because I have Gerbing heated gear. If I didn't have heated gear, heated grip would be on the list. For extremely cold, I would say the heated gear including gloves is better than the heated hand guard. The heated hand guard would be good for those fall or spring morning or evening ride where you are still wearing your 3 or 4 season non-heated gloves.

·
Registered
46 Posts
- Mondo Moto AUX LED lights up front for daytime/high beam use (MM10)

- SW MOTECH center stand

- Cellphone and GPS RAM mounts with power cabling

- Flashing LED tail light bulb (super bright LEDs)

- Front fork brace

Of course, these are all the farkles I've installed to date, so they are my top 5 by default. :grin2:

·
Registered
268 Posts
For me, the best mods are the ones that allow me to ride more comfortably or more often. I don't have a Strom, but on my FZ6, that would by my hard luggage (givi top/side cases), HID projector retrofit, heated grips, aftermarket seat, and handlebar swap/risers. I'm sure once I finally get around to swapping on my R6 forks, that will be in my top 5.

·
Registered
47 Posts
OK I've had my 2006 strom for nearly a year now so I'll chime in.

1. Fork brace - Nice upgrade in steering feel, handles cross winds WAY better and makes bike more sure footed in gravel.

2. Madstad brackets with taller wind shield - no one likes their head been boxed by the wind and this does a fair job at negating it.

3. Suzuki Gel seat - it's a helluva seat for the money and a HUGE improvement on the stock ball squeezer of a seat.

4. Centrestand - Just get one. Mine is grom a greek company called cosmo accessories. It was CHEAP and very well made.

5. Footpeg lowering kit from adventuretech - If you are tool(ish) like me these are great. They take away that "knees in your face" feeling when you ride. This in combination with ROX bar back risers gives a big upgrade to the ergonomics of the bike.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
aftermarket seat
fork brace
center stand.
Barkbusters
crash bars.

Of course luggage if traveling, skid plate if going off road, etc. Headlight relay, 'cause GrayWolf said. There. That's about the tip of the iceberg:grin2:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Let's revive this sucker!

Hard to choose just 5...my full-ish list (FFS how did it get so long?): 2012-2016 VStrom 650 must have mods

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
101 - 109 of 109 Posts