StromTrooper banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do yourself a big favor and ride the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia and the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec, you will not be disappointed! I am going back with a bigger gun this summer (when on a KLR last year).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry...left out the country.....This was Greece

Spent two weeks on a 2014 dl1000 recently as part of a guided motorcycle tour with 10 other riders. Many twisties and hairpins and unbelievable mountain views, not to mention all the historic sites. This country should definately be on your list!

image by Mr. Nuke, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Since we are showing mountain roads, how about this one going up to the 18,230' Kardung La Pass in the Himalayas?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Bend Oregon Area. Crater Lake is BEAUTIFUL!

These pictures were taken in June 2014,
I hitchhiked up to Crater Lake back in 1972. Don't remember much about the roads but I will never forget the view of the lake from the rim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Blue Ridge Parkway is a "must do". Its a nice place to push your comfort zone and learn the limits of your bike. The curves are easy to read and totally predicable. I like the Southern end the best between Asheville and Cherokee. Walk to the top of Mount Mitchell for a nice exercise break. Deal's Gap is not far from the Southern end. Be careful there, the road is crowned. If you go over center, recovery is difficult. The officials were airlifting someone out just as I got there. (Also, I had to stop halfway through the Tail of the Dragon because my passenger got sick).

·
Registered
22 Posts
A few I've enjoyed.
25 mile strip into to Fr. Bragg along highway 20....twisties galour.
Hwy 19a on Vancouver Island, topped only by the Sea to Sky highway to Squamish BC.
Hwy 242 (Mackenzie Hwy) from Belknap Springs, Oregon to Sisters....nice twisting pavement the flows from West coast temperate rain-forest into the barren volcanic landscape of the Dee Wright Observatory and then leads to the sweeping curves through Ponderosa pine and the town of Sister.
Spiral Staircase on Hwy 95 leading into Lewiston.........crazy fun......up and down....at least twice.:)
The Dempster Hwy, not for the faint of heart....but it crosses the most amazing tundra areas on the planet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Southern UT is da bomb!! So many empty roads and great places to see! I go there at least once a year!!! We ride from Phoenix to Kanab. Rent a room for a few days and do day trips from there. Can't get enough of southern Utah!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Devils HW AZ?

Anyone ever ride RT666 Devils HW in AZ? Understand it's the best ride in the USA and one of the top 10 in the world for elevation change, number of twists and outright beauty.

azride.com/devils-highway-run/2557977

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Must rides.

1 Bear Tooth Pass from Cooke City to Red Lodge Montana, along with near by Cheif Joseph Scenic Highway.

2. Million Dollar Highway from Durango to Ouray Colorado.

3. US highway 191 from Clifton Arizona to Springerville Arizona

4. Logan Pass (Road to the Sun) Glacier National Park.

5. Ice Fields Parkway, Alberta Canada.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The road around the rim of Crater Lake, OR could be a fun ride and the views of this spectacular lake are amazing. The Grand Canyon, UT is even more spectacular as a sight but not so much for riding, although you can come North through Sedona AZ for some great views and some twisties. The coast highway along the Pacific in Northern California clear down to the Santa Barbara area is also something to see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let's build a list. The top 100 places you have to visit on your motorcycle. Not limited to the US btw.

Put in as much info as possible. Try to avoid commentary about the posts in this thread so that we can make it as resourceful as possible. If you would like to discuss a location, please post it as a normal post.

For example, if someone posts about deals gap, don't post a "yeah, I have been there" etc post in this thread.

Go get em!
B.K.
Tail of the Dragon at deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway, Fontana Dam. All of these close to Tellico Plains, Tennessee. Also Northern Georgia area near Dahlonega, Suches, and Blue Ridge, Georgia.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts