StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Let's build a list. The top 100 places you have to visit on your motorcycle. Not limited to the US btw.

Put in as much info as possible. Try to avoid commentary about the posts in this thread so that we can make it as resourceful as possible. If you would like to discuss a location, please post it as a normal post.

For example, if someone posts about deals gap, don't post a "yeah, I have been there" etc post in this thread.

Go get em!
B.K.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Avenue of the Giants, Redwoods National Parks in northwest California. A friend that rode his Goldwing through it described the 32 mile ride as "sublime". I will do myself on a trip in mid-June.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Okay, I will share too. Not on a bike but Bryce Canyon is one of the most awesome places to visit. Alaska, the Yukon Territories and of course the Pacific Coast Highway. The drive from Banff to Jasper Alberta is another wonderful trip.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
alkali lake too big bar ferry

the dirt road follows the fraser canyon , i stoped for a rest at the alkali lake indain reserve, a native gentle man drove his truck down too me and asked;; where are you going''''' i said too big bar ferry,,, he said ;; in one half hour ,you will feel like a very small man ,in this big world ,and he drove away, i hopped on my bike and rode away wondering what he was talking about...30 minites later i came around a corner and i almost crashed my bike , the view was increadable , the fraser river cut deep below ,and i knew what the man had told me , i have never seen the grand canyon but this spot has too be a top 100

·
Registered
293 Posts
There are so many

but I think at the top of my list are the Rockies, the Grand Canyon and the Pacific Coast Highway.

·
Webfoot
851 Posts
I've been to Lake Tahoe and did the Lake Superior Circle Tour by bike. Later this summer I will be doing the Pacific Coast from Astoria, OR to San Diego. Top four on my list after that....

1. All 5 National Parks in Utah
2. Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper)
3. Glacier Nat'l Park
4. Tour the entire state of New Mexico

M

·
0 Posts
Hwy 89A in Arizona. Prescott to Jerome to Sedona. Once you are through Prescott valley and start up into the mountains it is fantastic. I'll post some pics when I get back from Tellico Plains as I'm traveling through there again.

·
Webfoot
851 Posts
89-a

Hwy 89A in Arizona. Prescott to Jerome to Sedona. Once you are through Prescott valley and start up into the mountains it is fantastic. I'll post some pics when I get back from Tellico Plains as I'm traveling through there again.
Oh man, I've done 89-A three times by car but not on 2 wheels yet. :( Every time I get into Jerome and see the t-shirt that says "I survived 89-A, XX curves in XX miles" I want one. But I won't buy it until I've done it by motorcycle!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
places you have to visit

James Bay near Chisasibi Quebec ( the farthest North you can go on paved road east of Manitoba.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Going to the Sun Highway at Glacier Natl Park. Try and ride from east to west if dropoffs with no guardrails bother you.

Highway 61 from Duluth to Canadian border along shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. Highway 61 from St. Paul to Iowa border along Mississippi River.

Almost anywhere in Alaska near the ocean. And near Denali Park.

Banff Canada area and Lake Louise. Jasper and Calgary.

The entire Tuscany area of south central Italy. Sienna, Florence, Rome, Assisi, Pompei and the countryside.

West Coast from Seattle to Northern California and the Redwood Natl Forest. Yosemite and Sequoia Natl Parks. Also Lake Taho area.

All the Natl Parks in Utah.

And....if you can rent a cycle-----Maui, Hawaii.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
The Nurburgring

If you're a driving enthusiast of any sort, and you happen to be in northern Europe, you should really take an extra day to get yourself to the Nurburgring in central western Germany. I haven't had a chance to do it on a motorcycle, but I have driven it a couple of times in rent-a-cars, and it is AWESOME! Not only are you working through 70-some-odd curves over 21km (with the longest straight being only about 2.5km), both climbing and descending, but you're also traveling through a really picturesque wooded area.

I drove this in my pre-motorcycling days, and I gotta tell you, I gained immense respect for motorcyle riders as I was doing everything in my power to keep my rented BMW 320i from losing it around these corners and the bikers are passing me like I was standing still! Didn't ruin my fun, 'though. After each lap I was sweating and shaking - had to rest about 20 minutes in between each of my five laps.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts