StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized there are no tools on my bike. Did the factory provide any? If not, this is the first bike I've bought that didn't come with some tools.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I just realized there are no tools on my bike. Did the factory provide any? If not, this is the first bike I've bought that didn't come with some tools.
They do come with tools. There should be a little bitty black tool pouch just aft of the battery. More likely the dealer has it or lost it. Either way you should have one if only to have the pouch to put the rest of the tools in.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks. I should have been more attentive when I picked it up but my friend was hit by a semi and I got the call literally when I was handed the keys. I just jumped on the bike and rushed to the hospital. Maybe they will fix me up. We will see.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well that sucks. I should have been more attentive when I picked it up but my friend was hit by a semi and I got the call literally when I was handed the keys. I just jumped on the bike and rushed to the hospital. Maybe they will fix me up. We will see.
I got no manual with mine. Effing sucks having to google everything for service. Dealership closed also, and Suzuki Canada never responds to email.. Awesome.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes after my BMW experience I have very little faith in dealerships or manufacturers for that matter. Hopefully tho Suzuki dealer will help. I have to take the bike in for stalling anyway. I about got killed a few times.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
.... and Suzuki Canada never responds to email.. Awesome.
I don't know about Suzuki Canada but in the US their web site expressly declares that they do not respond to emails for customer service and that you need to write a letter via the postal service.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know about Suzuki Canada but in the US their web site expressly declares that they do not respond to emails for customer service and that you need to write a letter via the postal service.
I didn't realize it was still 1970...interesting.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yes after my BMW experience I have very little faith in dealerships or manufacturers for that matter. Hopefully tho Suzuki dealer will help. I have to take the bike in for stalling anyway. I about got killed a few times.
Be sure and write a letter (postal) to Suzuki Customer Service and tell them about the stalling and almost killed part. Be polite and give them the date purchased, the dealer, your Vin# and a phone number and address to contact you. Very likely they will arrange for you to get the upgraded CPU. It will make you very happy. I had the same issue (not all do) Suzuki replaced it with a smile and phoned me a week later to make sure it all went ok.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Apparently we are pretty advanced here in the North lol. Unfortunately the messages go nowhere, so not really advanced...

https://www.suzuki.ca/en/contact-us
Corp office at 905 889-2677.
Agents are available Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:-00 est.
Write to us at:
Suzuki Motorcycle Customer Care
100 East Beaver Creek Road.
Richmond Hill, On. L4B 1J6
Please make sure you have your vehicle ID number available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2014 did not come with tools and when i mentioned to the dealer that the manual says the bike should come with a tool kit under the seat they said it was probably a mistake for the new gen's but they will get me one.....Still waiting... after looking up what you get for the tool "kit" it was a joke but i would still like to have one.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
As that great Mexican philosopher once said; "Tools? We doan need no steekin tools!"

·
Registered
650 Posts
This is exactly the torque spec the dealer used on my front axle when uncrating my Vee2!

:furious:
Mine also :surprise:
Thank goodness for the pinch bolts...
I found the finger tight front axle nut after the 1st "service"....
I reckon the caliper bolts wern't much tighter...sigh...

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My pinch bolts were also "finger tight". I found out after a couple bolts went missing but before the axle backed out.

The first indicator was after returning to the bike I had to pump the front brakes a couple times for them to get firm when starting the engine. (Likely because the forks had just started to "open up" allowing the wheel to move side to side a little bit and the rotors pushed the calipers open.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts