StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed the papers, secured insurance and brought home a 2012 650 ADV. Thanks to everyone on the site for all the good info. Had a hard time deciding on the bike to replace my beloved 89 GoldWing that I totalled in Feb. Based on the first 38 miles, I think it was a good choice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
After Breakin period

Wait until you get through the breakin period, then you are really going to like it...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I had been interested in the Strom for a while, but it is a big departure from the cruiser and goldwing I had been riding the last few years, so I had some concerns. Of course, then I did the 1000 vs 650 study (read the entire thread on that subject!). I had about decided to hold off for a while and went to tell my local dealer that. When I walked in, he had a 650 ADV sitting there, and he offered to service it and let me test drive (I think he knew he had me). After that, I felt a lot better. I will try to get a couple of pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yup...

I've had my '12 650 ADV for 2,400 miles now and love it. It's big enough for me and my gal, has enough juice, handles great, is very smooth, can zip along at 70 (true 70) all day long and looks great doing it. Added a small Givi trunk (not as big, or noisy, as the matching suzuki unit that costs all that $), a good skid plate, brush guards, pulsing headlight unit, center stand and a fork brace (just 'cause). Great machine, have fun.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Windshield

Hey Phil how about a report on how the adv. windshield works at 70mph plus? I'm looking at one and would like to know how it affects the buffeting. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am pretty sure I want a center stand, power outlet and GPS mount in the first round of upgrades. I will probably put a few miles on it before I decide on anything else.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Phil how about a report on how the adv. windshield works at 70mph plus? I'm looking at one and would like to know how it affects the buffeting. Thanks.
Depends on the individual and what they want, are used to, etc. I'm 5'11" and there is a little. It came with the Vario windscreen and the stock. The Vario is better than the stock but it still allows for a little around the top of the helmet unless I hunch (I don't bother) a little. I find it to be more than acceptable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats!

I am pretty sure I want a center stand, power outlet and GPS mount in the first round of upgrades. I will probably put a few miles on it before I decide on anything else.
A center stand is a must! Congrats on your new ride! I bought a 2012 Adv on 4/20/12 myself. Some mods here to give you some ideas...

Ride safe and good plan to get some miles on before deciding what you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts