StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Big Sky Country! A few weeks ago, I decided that my old Yamaha cruiser had run its course in my garage. After much agonizing over what to replace it with, I picked up a new '18 650xt. After riding it for the first 20 miles, I'm kind of taken aback by how good it is - seems perfect for the kind of riding I want to do with it - lots of exploring and a lot of 300-500 mile days on 65-70 MPH country roads.

I have spent a lot of time on this forum researching the bike before making the purchase and I was encouraged at the good community you have here. I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning more about the ins and outs of my new bike.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Fine choice, Montana.
Safe riding to you.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Congratulations, I came to the Vstrom from a Suzuki cruiser, one quick test ride had me negotiating the trade. My folks lived in Billings, and I've done many trips from Oregon to Montana taking every side road and two lane highway I could manage there and back. Beautiful country you have for riding up there.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
You chose a great bike and a great forum to join. You'll find a ton of useful information on here, without a lot of the "big personalities" that seem to inhabit a lot of other bike forums.

From one paratrooper to another, welcome aboard and All The Way!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats!

I currently ride a 2008 wee. Been thinking about a 3rd gen wee lately.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've went through my fair share of motorcycles in the short ten years I've been riding. (Suzuki C50T, Honda 919, Yamaha FJR, Victory Vision, Honda CBR 250, 2012 V-Strom 650 Adventure, Honda ST1300, 2009 V-Strom 650).

Of the list, you see I went back to a Wee again. It (and FJR) were my two great regrets of selling, and left holes in the heart. Just a great bike. Just a great, great bike. Bought my 09 around September of 2018 and it's been treating me right.

Alexi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts