StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And she fared wonderfully - we're really starting to gel. Sitting, standing, leaning, chin-tucking, mid-turn swerving and braking, emergency stopping, fast-accelerating... I'm pretty sure she'll be a long-term keeper, which is the first bike I've felt that way about.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did you like the course? My last one was on a Versys a perfect bike for the course, my next one will be on the Strom another good bike for it.

·
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, good value for the $50 Ohio charges. I take it on every new bike I get.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
chin-tucking
???

I like the feeling of pointing my chin at the turn exit. That gets the head turned and helps keep the eyes level. Tucking?

·
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
???

I like the feeling of pointing my chin at the turn exit. That gets the head turned and helps keep the eyes level. Tucking?

I think they may have called it the elbow tuck, but you tuck/crane your head into it as well. Basically you tuck towards the inside of a turn, looking through it and lowering your inside elbow to assist with a small body shift. It's easier to demonstrate than describe, but it sort of looks like what moto-gp riders do without hanging-off.

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Great to hear Scott!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea, good value for the $50 Ohio charges. I take it on every new bike I get.
That is a damn good idea:yesnod:

I take it very three or so years just to brush up, but every new bike is a great idea (I have bike ADD and churn them about once every two yrs).

If you've ever read the Hurt Report one of the findings is that there is a strong correlation between lack of familiarity with a bike and accidents.

·
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you've ever read the Hurt Report one of the findings is that there is a strong correlation between lack of familiarity with a bike and accidents.

You're absolutely right, and if I remember correctly, most accidents involve riders with well less than 1 year on the bike involved.

Ah yes... "More than half of the accident-involved motorcycle riders had less than 5 months experience on the accident motorcycle, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly underrepresented in the accident data."

Summarized findings can be found at http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_findings_in_the_Hurt_Report

1 - 11 of 11 Posts