StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and put my stocker back on. I know that some of you are thinking....what is he thinking?? Well, I figured I would give it a shot since it has been so hot out. I didn't mount it in the mystery 4th position, instead I opted for the 3rd. I also put a 1/4" nylon spacer with longer screws on the bottom mounting holes. Then I went for a nice ride today.......unbelievable!!!!! I get nothing but a nice clean pocket of air with no turbulence whatsoever. Yes I am getting allot more wind on me "feels good" but the air isn't rough at all. Matter of fact it is better now than it was with the Givi, just not as quiet. So in conclusion....the Givi is staying off until further notice.

I tested the shield at all speeds today, onetime blast at about 110 indicated "still smooth"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance but when you say the 3rd position do you mean the tallest or the shortest?

Thanks;
BJH

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I had to swap my 23.5 cee bailey out for my stocker sometime in april. Just not enough air. Highest and tilted back setting. Cee bailey is on vacation 'till cold weather.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I bought a new Givi a couple weeks back. I think I'll keep the stocker on until the temps drop below 60. My stock windshield is fine with my madstad and emgo mirrors. There's not enough air behind the Givi in the summer heat.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Big B,

I was contemplating the same thing this afternoon.

Then I realized that my son has the stocker on his KLR.

He occasionally gets "Cool Suzuki." from people.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Hey B, if you decide to permanently stay with the stock screen, I'd be glad to take that Givi off your hands. ;)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey B, if you decide to permanently stay with the stock screen, I'd be glad to take that Givi off your hands. ;)

I'll keep that in mind Gary....but I'll probably keep it for the cold months of riding.

·
0 Posts
That's the reason I keep my stock shield w/ the MadStad in the Lowest/Most racked out position.

Clean air is the best air.
The air hits me midchest(I'm 6ft tall), and actually helps to keep me in a nice upright position.
With this setup, I've never even considered a replacement/bigger shield.

The only downfall: More bugs on your helmet. Not a deal breaker for me though.

I'm just sayin...
BTD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Powerbronze tall screen on my new baby strom but prior to this experimented with the original sreen on top setting with 1/4" spaces and found it to be much cleaner air so aim to use this setting for our trip to the French Alps mid August.

It was interesting to note that some riders have used spaces at the bottom bolts only. Has anyone compared these differrent settings & if so is either better?:mod2_helpsmilie: The marked differrence a few spaces have does make you wonder why Suzuki didn't incorporate somthing similar in their design spec.

I had similar problems on my @ but unfortunately spacers are not an option here so ended up cutting the old original screen down for summer use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts