Strom Trooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member, for the third time. Keep losing my sign on info, but I digress. I understand I cannot post in the For Sale section until I have established a threshold of posts, but, it this true for making replies to items for sale, as well? Maybe I am being too literal, and need 20 posts to do anything. Thanks for any clarification anyone can offer.

One post in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess would be somewhere around 2012 or 13. But that is just a guess. I will keep plugging away over the next several days. Thanks for the follow up.

Three posts in.

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
What was your original username, I can make you whole again......let me know with a private message that info and what password you would like to have. Or I can simply do a password reset for the original username, just need to know what email address you want to use.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Big B, but I think I am still stuck with the 20 posts requirement. I would look at the posts and learn all I could about my ride, but never posted or replied. The 20 post rule seems like a good one, so I will try to comply as soon as possible, and be just like everyone else. Thanks, again.

Four posts in. Closing on 25%

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
By any chance from Southwest Tennessee, "where the girls are Southern Bells, the ribs are dry, and Elvis is alive?"

We can reopen that member, or allow you into the Marketplace if you wish. The rule is to obstruct spammers and scammers - not genuine owners.
A few years back we had a site breach requiring all members to change their password within a certain time and all accounts that did not became deactivated.

It's up to you. We can let you in if you want access.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, sorry Brockie, a transplant from the Pacific Northwest (Oregon/Washington) to SE Wisconsin. Where the winters are cold, like the beer, and the steaks are bloody and rare. Who's Elvis? Does he play for the Packers?

Anyway, if it is allowed, I would like to have access to the Marketplace. Feel free to limit it to replies, if that is doable. If not, I am up to six posts and counting. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf.

K54

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may have to. I just tried to reply to a Marketplace ad to see if the item was still available, but no joy. Not to be too nubish, but how do you send a PM? I'm sure I can figure it out, but a shove in the right direction may save some time. Thanks for the tip. K54

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
"Keep losing my sign on info"

That's why I have a password book in the drawer of the desk the computer sits on. How anyone can off hand remember all the BS passwords for all the different sites is beyond me. Unless you use the same password for everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sad to admit it, but I generally fall into the category described in your last sentence. If they get one, they have most.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I use a password manager. It is convenient and the best way to avoid the one or two passwords issue. My Firefox browser has a free one - as does my Kaspersky security, but I have used the free LastPass https://www.lastpass.com/ for at least 6 years now with no issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Keep losing my sign on info"

That's why I have a password book in the drawer of the desk the computer sits on. How anyone can off hand remember all the BS passwords for all the different sites is beyond me. Unless you use the same password for everything.

My strategy is rotate a character or two between all my passwords so they’re close but not exactly the same. Also use either 3 or 4 random words or a unique phrase-it’s easier to remember and more complex than shorter passwords with random letters numbers and special characters. And for sites where I need good security (forums like this I don’t care about nearly as much) I set up two factor authentication. It adds a lot more security than throwing in an extra ! in the password.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts