StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naturally, we're finally get the rain we've been missing all year... and from what I can tell, it's a lot of the East Coast that's getting it. Yippee.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well if I had a job to ride to, I'd be all over that!

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
I use my bike as a daily commuter so no big deal..........

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rode mine to both my jobs today, and probably will tomorrow. :-D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I rode but didn't see many others on the road. Of course there was a chance of storms so that may have had something to do with it. I managed to miss them on my way home thank goodness.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Rode to work and back, as I do most days. I was afraid the monsoons would ruin my ride, but nope! Great ride, if a bit short.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I rode, but it also rained. I didn't see another bike all day.
I'm afraid mine was one of the bikes you didn't see today. After a string of good, dry to mostly dry days where I rode to work every day, today it rained for most of the day and only let up this evening. The bike stayed dry in the garage. This is not the summer weather I'd bargained for. I CAN ride in the rain, I just prefer not to.

Stan.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Riding 3x this week, but couldn't today--had to pick up the kids after work, and I can only fit one on the bike! Despite raining here as well, I did see a lot of bikes on the road--more than usual. It's nice to see, except......

It's especially nice to ride this time of year with all the FREAKING TOURISTS in my town. They clog the highways and don't have a clue which way the f'ing beach is when they get here (hint: it's WEST of the highway!). I will say that they rather politely move the frick out of my way when I'm lane splitting through their traffic jams. And yes, I know, I know, "they spend money here. Lots and lots of money." Yeah, on StarF*cks coffee, TGIFriday's baby back ribs, and shirts from The Gap--so ALL that money goes to different states, in a different economy, and doesn't do us a damn bit of good, except some pimple-face kid is earning $9 bucks an hour. Great.

Please, shop locally and support your local economy...

Rant over, time for bed...(riding tomorrow!)
:)

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I rode my bike today. It stormed the worst I"ve seen in probably 9 months too.

On the ride home I cleared a 1 and half foot deep puddle at 30mph. It was really exciting. Usually I take it easy in puddles, but this one snuck up on me. Next thing I knew I had water everywhere, my vision was obscured, and I had decided to nail the throttle to get through. It was one of the most memorable moments I've had yet, riding and on my vstrom. I wish I had a video. I can see why you guys love water crossings.

The lightning crackling around, the huge wall of water soaking me from head to toe, and my feet being forced off the pegs from the water. Thanks to training, I realized I needed to keep forward momentum. Even soaked, dark, difficult to see can't keep riding from being fun!

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts