StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit 13000 miles Metler Tourances the rear is shot the front looks pretty good.
The question is replace both or just the rear?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
How old is the front? If it's getting on in years (4+), best to replace it, but if it's only a few years old, and the tread is ok, and no sidewall cracks showing, then just keep rolling on it and replace the back only.

Seems silly to replace a perfectly good tire, although i will be doing that in July just before my big trip, but thats a special event changout. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Your tires aren't brothers, you can split them up all you want. I would think any front tire should last 2-3 times longer than a rear one.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Or, you get a front with more traction and they wear at about the same rate. An example is a Tourance EXP front and regular Tourance rear.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
2 to 1 for me on the Tourance as well.

Why waste the money.

Nothing wrong with the grip of the ordinary Tourance, I see no need for the EXP for my riding purposes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2 to 1 for me on the Tourance as well.

Why waste the money.

Nothing wrong with the grip of the ordinary Tourance, I see no need for the EXP for my riding purposes.
If you want to ride a little bit on the sporting side, dont put on the reg tourance use the exp. changed out my rear exp for a reg tourance last week ,back end comming out on me in corners all the time(it,s comming off)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks I kept the front for later but replaced both with Anakee 2s
Dose any one know the best tire pressure for the best miles out of the tire?

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is very helpfull I just swap the OG's deadwings for Tourances.

But I notice that my deadwings worn out about the same after 19 000 km. I mean there was maybe 15% more on the front but decided to change both.

Is this because how I ride?

people that do 2 rear 1 front Tourances remember the worn out pattern on the deadwings? maybe deadwings front worn out faster than Tourances front

will I be able to do 2 rear 1 Front with the new Tourances?

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts