StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just an FYI, when clamping down the throttle body to the back cylinder, make sure the clamp is not pointed up at 12 o'clock. There is not enough clearance with the tank and the mounting tab on the clamp will wind up rubbing on the bottom of the tank.

So much so that I had a leak develop through a tiny pinhole. :headbang: No wonder my fuel mileage was getting bad and the garage smelled of gas.

Hole is fixed, smell gone and fuel mileage seems restored.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just an FYI, when clamping down the back cylinder, make sure the clamp is not pointed up at 12 o'clock. There is not enough clearance with the tank and the mounting tab on the clamp will wind up rubbing on the bottom of the tank.

So much so that I had a leak develop through a tiny pinhole. :headbang: No wonder my fuel mileage was getting bad and the garage smelled of gas.

Hole is fixed, smell gone and fuel mileage seems restored.
My back cylinder is not unclampable. What are you talking about, any pixs?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My back cylinder is not unclampable. What are you talking about, any pixs?
You know, I screwed up my original statement. I will edit it.

I meant the throttle body to the cylinder head. That junction. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am still a little confused. But I have a better one for you if you turn the front airbox to TB clamp, so you can access it with a screwdriver pointing forward the clamping mech will interfere with the secondary arm and give you a c28 code but when you tear the bike down nothing will be wrong. Even if you tear it down 4 times in one day trust me, I know. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Two helpful hints.

1) The manual shows how each clamp is oriented on the TBs. Yes, this is a small detail but it could put a hole in your tank...or make the throttle linkage stick on the clamp.

2) Why bother removing the front clamp. Its a PIA. Just warm the boot from inside the airbox, squeezee it and shove it down through the hole while pulling the airbox off. that way you don't need to use a 12 inch screw driver and work blind.

Hmmm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts