StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and I used to be on the SV forum, but I recently sold that bike and I am fairly sure I will get a V-Strom as my next bike.

Any suggestions that will make a V-Strom more dirt worthy. And when I say dirt worthy, I mean fire trails that are flat dirt....no jumps or rocky mountain riding.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Engine protection & side "crash bars."

Tires - but that's a personal choice.

I rode mine on similar terrain and more challenging stuff stock but added the above out of common sense.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Engine protection & side "crash bars."
Tires - but that's a personal choice.
Agree :thumbup: Also threw on fork brace, ATV handlebars, handguards, front/back spring upgrade, 16/43 gearing, Pelican panniers to avoid being pinned. Strom's obviously not a dirt bike but IMO far more capable off pavement than people give it credit for. Not afraid to take it anywhere any other 500# will go. Won't win any races but it will get you there. :yesnod:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice....the guys I know have BMW GS's, however, those things are expensive and the maintenance, from what I read and from guys I spoken with can get up there quickly. For me, I started on Suzuki SV and have been reading the reviews and comparisons for a while and I am noticing that most V-Strom riders are very satisfied with their bike's and their bike's ability to ride on most terrains. Besides, I will be on the pavement for 95% of the time. Thanks again.:yesnod:

·
Registered
279 Posts
A decent set of tyres for dirt would be the biggest change. TKC80s or similar.

Also if it is muddy the mud will clag between the tyre and front fender and lock the front wheel and you will have a little horizontal action.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts