StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black ice and running deer are upon me. These are two things that I can't consistently correct for when riding. So, after a vigorous wash and fresh oil change, der Strom was tucked in and plugged in for her winter nap.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I am still holding out for just a touch longer. Yesterday was in the 50's but I had many things to do and couldn't take her out.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Keepin the Strom gassed up and ready to go. With a heated garage generally able to get out a couple times a month during the winter. Have a KLR with some knobbies. Curious to see how it does in the snow. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Dragged a peg for the first time yesterday, even though I thought I was "taking it easy" because the road was damp in places.

Time to start leaning off a bit. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I did the same today.....:crying:
I'm not sure when to do it.
The Sta-Bil is on the way from Amazon, and then I have 700 miles for the next service - so I'm thinking what to do? Get the bike serviced first, or get it winterized and serviced later on Spring?
My garage is not heated, but it is attached to the house, so by definition it gets some heat from the house. I wouldn't go to sleep there, but the temperatures are not freezing cold like outside.

Regarding Sta-Bil, how is that done exactly? How much of the stuff should be poured in?
I'm thinking of using it also for the lawn mower, leaf blower and trimmer. The last two are Two Stroke Engines.
Any info is welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
...Regarding Sta-Bil, how is that done exactly? How much of the stuff should be poured in?
I'm thinking of using it also for the lawn mower, leaf blower and trimmer. The last two are Two Stroke Engines.
Any info is welcome.
It's printed on the bottle and the bottle has a dispenser section to it. I think it's 1 ounce per gallon. Shake the bike to mix it up and then run it a few minutes to get some down in the injectors, or just ride it a few miles.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It's printed on the bottle and the bottle has a dispenser section to it. I think it's 1 ounce per gallon. Shake the bike to mix it up and then run it a few minutes to get some down in the injectors, or just ride it a few miles.
Thanks! RTFM..
(well I didn't get it yet, so I have an excuse..)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get the bike serviced first, or get it winterized and serviced later on Spring?

I'm thinking of using (Sta-Bil) also for the lawn mower, leaf blower and trimmer. The last two are Two Stroke Engines.
1. I'd get the bike serviced now, and put a few miles on it so as to confirm that everything still runs right. Then, winterize it. In the Spring, your bike will be ready to go, and you won't be waiting in line with everyone else for a service appt.

2. I know that Marine Sta-Bil is suited for use in 2S and 4S engines. I personally use a double measure when dosing my winter storage fuel can, the contents of which are then apportioned amongst all the waiting fuel tanks.

I run my 2S string trimmer dry, and then fog the cylinder and check/adjust the plug gap. There's no need to store 2S equipment with a full tank of fuel, IMO.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Winter?

What is this winter of which you speak?

Actually, here in Austin it has been too cold and wet to ride for last few days. Things should get back to normal in a few more days.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
There are a few things that suck about California, but the weather isn't one of them. Rode the coast from SF area to Morro bay this weekend. It was warmer at the coast than it was inland.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts