StromTrooper banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use the Nelson Riggs 1/2 cover,,,was used on my Goldwing,,,now used on the DL650 with Madstad 20" shield & a 58L Givi Trekker Outback,,,no side cases

·
Registered
13 Posts
cover it. I have used Dowco and Nelson-Rigg. get the best of either brand. The N-R I had came with a life time warranty, they replaced it twice, no questions... Arizona sun is hard on covers, harder on uncovered bikes. I finally made space available in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Look like I'm going to put a little more effort into covering it, even when it's covered by the roof of the patio.

I really can't see myself dragging a cover around with me when I head out of town though. I've got lots of storage with side and top boxes, but surely travelling with a cover seems like overkill.

"It's not, and stop calling me Shirley." (Did I just date myself?)

·
Registered
196 Posts
With a one car garage, my Vstrom is parked sideways across the end, and my wife parks her car behind it. My DR650, though, has to live outside.
I put down a few pavers under the garage eave to park it on and cover it with a Dowco cover.

I've never had any weather related damage this way. (Colorado has a pretty dry climate, things don't stay damp too long.)

............shu

·
Registered
147 Posts
Before I moved to a place with a garage, I covered mine with an old tent rainfly in the summer then tarped it for the winter. Not pretty but kept it clean and dry.

·
Registered
475 Posts
At home, one bay of the 2-car garage becomes the "toy box" section where my D'elle, Kayzie, and bought-new, 1977 Viscount Sebring bicycle (last year of English manufacture; later years were made in China) reside. In the photo, everything in the racks consists of the "exploded view" of the 1980 KZ750 E1. The head is done, ready for valve lapping and reassembly, then I'll split the cases and refurbish all that stuff. The Black/black interior Escape sits out all summer in the sun.

Oh by the way, I have a Dowco all-weather cover I use on trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Definitely cover it if it's going to sit out in the weather for extended periods, it may be a pain but it'll save the motorcycle. back in the day, when I was in the military and lived on base with no garage my motorcycle just sat out in the California sun. It only took about a year and the seat was wasted, cracking and peeling and the plastics were dull and brittle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had one for my Versys (it was actually a Nelson-Rigg cover but it was the same thing as the Kwikcover).
I liked it a lot on the Versys. I wouldn't consider it good long term storage but it was really nice for short term use. I think I've still got it somewhere, I know I tried it on the Veestrom and it didn't fit so well.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts