StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'll be back
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searches here and on ADVrider.

What is the appropriate tire pressure for Continetal TKC's when used on the 650 for the following situations:

1. On the street no gear
2. On the street loaded up (assume at least 60lbs of stuff)
3. Off road just the rider.

Any assistance or previous anecdotal evidence would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

What is the appropriate tire pressure for Continetal TKC's when used on the 650 for the following situations:

1. On the street no gear

Thanks in advance.
I run my tire pressure on my TKCs at 35lbs in all conditions, (that you mention above). I am finding that the pressure drifts from 33lbs to 35lbs which is due to the inaccuracies to the tire pressure guage that I keep on board my bike and what is available at a filling station.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts

1. On the street no gear

Thanks in advance.
Even though I have a 1K, I asked these questions when I installed mine. What I found was this;

Off Road-- 20 front/25 rear
On Road-- 35 both
Loaded -- I use 35 both. Some say they use up to 41 in the rear. On the tire, it says 35 max.
Good luck!

·
Registered
725 Posts
The 35 psi on the sidewall isn't the maximum pressure of the tire, it's the pressure at which the tire is rated for maximum load. For the DL650, Continental recommends 2.5 bar front, 2.8 rear (about 36/41 psi). This is according to the fitment guide on their website, and I run these pressures on the street. I don't adjust them for load, though I suppose you ought to air them down a bit.

On dirt I air down to 20/25. This helps the tires float on soft surfaces but I find it doesn't make a big difference on hard-packed dirt.

·
I'll be back
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TKC tire pressure

JetJaguar and others.
Perfect info. Thanks for the help

(Feeling a bit chastised tho' that I did not think to check their website.... duh! It's a testament to how much I have come to rely on this website)

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
(Feeling a bit chastised tho' that I did not think to check their website.... duh! It's a testament to how much I have come to rely on this website)
Ditto here as well.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I only stumbled on their pressure recommendations, myself. I was ordering a set of TKC's but didn't remember what sizes I needed, so I looked at their site because it was easier than going out to the garage.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I've run 35lbs in both front and rear on mine.
Now both ave just shy of 6000 miles on them. The rear is shot but wore very nice, or normal i guess.
The front has a couple thousand more miles in it but has worn very funny. Unlike any wear i've ever seen on a tire before in all my years of riding. It worries me a bit and i'm thinking of replacing it.

Great tires overall and i'm super happy with them. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts